• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Has anyone thought...

21 posts in this topic

of setting up some kind of comic marketplace matching system? With all the WTB lists in people's sigs, and all the 'for sale' posts in the forum, I can't help but think there's a more efficient way for forumites to conduct business with each other.

I imagine a site where board members can keep updated 'Want to Buy' and 'Want to Sell' lists. The site would pair up potential sellers and buyers and allow them to dialog about trades and sales and such. People could even store preferred methods of payment, cover scans of books they're selling, grading notes of books they have or want, etc. The data the site could handle is essentially only limited by what can be handled by a relational database.

It'd be pretty easy to setup, and I am a web devloper by trade...might be a part time project to think about if such a system isn't already in place somewhere.

of setting up some kind of comic marketplace matching system? With all the WTB lists in people's sigs, and all the 'for sale' posts in the forum, I can't help but think there's a more efficient way for forumites to conduct business with each other.

I imagine a site where board members can keep updated 'Want to Buy' and 'Want to Sell' lists. The site would pair up potential sellers and buyers and allow them to dialog about trades and sales and such. People could even store preferred methods of payment, cover scans of books they're selling, grading notes of books they have or want, etc. The data the site could handle is essentially only limited by what can be handled by a relational database.

It'd be pretty easy to setup, and I am a web devloper by trade...might be a part time project to think about if such a system isn't already in place somewhere.

Jack, i think that that is a really good idea. It would give us a great place to check and see what we need and what other people want.

Could we make it a part of the boards? Maybe have a link to the trade site?

Jack, i think that that is a really good idea. It would give us a great place to check and see what we need and what other people want.

Could we make it a part of the boards? Maybe have a link to the trade site?

Of course. It would all depend on how well it turns out, and what Arch can work up here with the board software. Perhaps a link in the top right with the other CGC/NGC/NCS links.

Also, I already have the webhosting space that is just sitting there since my last website sort of died out. I may start playing around with the idea today, see what it'll take to make something like this happen.

Also, I was batting it around in my head last night, and it'd even be possible to have a simple feedback system. You could record a transaction with the site and then leave feedback for the other person. It would be similar to the kudos thread, but it'd be easier to find feedback on someone you're thinking about doing business with.

You could have everything set up by Title, Issue, seller, and want lists. That way it would be easy to see what people had for sale and what people also wanted.

Arex

Right. My thinking is, a person would sign up with the site, put in information like username, name, email, preferences, etc. Then they'd have a 'want list' and a 'sale list'. They could add books to either list by entering a title, issue number, approximate grade, cover scans (if the book is for sale), and any extra notes. Buyers would be able to add a "minimum grade" for books they want to buy, which could be anything from "NM+" to "Any grade".

Another option would be to search current want lists and sale lists. Someone could search for "Amazing Spider-Man" issues between '100' and '239' in grades 'GD to NM'.

Really, the possibilities are many. You could get email notifications when a book on your want list gets posted in someone elses sale list. I could go on, but I gotta get back to work. Got job interviews this week I gotta prep for.

So what's about a domain name for this site.

I'm stuck on comicstradingpost.com and can't think of any other options, so I leave it to you guys to help me out. The sooner we can come up with a name, the sooner I can reset my hosting and get crackin' on this.

Thats a great URL but you might want to speak with Bruce Coller (Bronze bruce 13) first.

His email address is nearly exactly the same. And he may alrady have this name registered. confused-smiley-013.gif

I can't be sure but thought I should say something. flowerred.gif

Regards,

Russ...

Great idea

Thats a great URL but you might want to speak with Bruce Coller (Bronze bruce 13) first.

His email address is nearly exactly the same. And he may alrady have this name registered. confused-smiley-013.gif

Regards,

Russ...

ComicsTradingPost.com is available

Regards,

Russ...

not anymore... devil.gif

27_laughing.gif

Regards,

Russ...

Norrin, that avatar is so cool!

Regards,

Russ...

not anymore... devil.gif

27_laughing.gif

Well, it's taken now grin.gif

Regards,

Russ...

not anymore... devil.gif

27_laughing.gif

Well, it's taken now grin.gif

Well? confused-smiley-013.gif

I already did it:

My web site

but it's in french language... foreheadslap.gif