• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Missing "Page Quality" info?
2 2

4 posts in this topic

While doing some personal inventory type items this weekend. I discovered I have a CGC book graded last century that is missing the page quality notation and information (White Pages, Off-White to White pages, etc).

I did a cert lookup and found "Page Quality" notation and info is missing from there as well.

Any ideas?

https://www.cgccomics.com/certlookup/0000043015/

CGC Cert #
Title
Wonder Woman
Issue
Issue Date
9-10/71
Issue Year
Publisher
D.C. Comics
Grade
Grade Date
12/07/1999
Grade Category
Universal
Art Comments
Mike Sekowsky & H.G. Peter story
H.G. Peter art
Mike Sekowsky & Giordano cover/art
Key Comments
Unpublished Golden Age story.
Cheetah appearance.
Bondage cover.
Edited by MAR1979

Good question. I believe the early books graded in late 1999 were Dealer “proofs” or samples, if you will(before opening to the public for grading).  PQ was added to the label sometime in 2000. Would be nice to see a photo of the label/book if possible.

14 hours ago, MAR1979 said:

While doing some personal inventory type items this weekend. I discovered I have a CGC book graded last century that is missing the page quality notation and information (White Pages, Off-White to White pages, etc).

I did a cert lookup and found "Page Quality" notation and info is missing from there as well.

Any ideas?

https://www.cgccomics.com/certlookup/0000043015

My only "idea" is that they were just getting the gist of it? (shrug)