• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Letitia Wright backlash Shuri recast
2 2

87 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, godzilla43 said:

No you are not. You are posting on a Black Panther 2 topic. If they recast Shuri then maybe you will skip the opening and that will only happen if the reviews are just okay not great :D
I promise I will skip Black Panther 2 if they cast R.Kelly or/and Bill Cosby to Shuri's entourage even if the whole would would say this is the greatest movie ever.

You can't tell him what to do, you're not his dad.

On 12/4/2020 at 10:13 AM, D84 said:

She was my favorite part of Black Panther. They recast, I'm out.

I don't care about an entertainers personal opinions, only what they do onscreen.

On 12/4/2020 at 10:25 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

6124bcb5018a3fe47ac8a4df881afd12.gif

Or maybe it depends on whether or not one agrees with said personal opinion? Because some actors and their movies certainly seemed to get attacked for their personal opinions or advocacy such as Brie Larson and Captain Marvel getting attacked by the legion of trolls for daring to call for diversity in the ranks of film criticism. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

26 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

You can't tell him what to do, you're not his dad.

Yeah, of course. I was just joking but the truth to be told I think if they will do a recast it is not a big issue for most of us. They replaced Edward Norton and just watching couple minutes of Ruffalo playing Bruce Banner everyone was okay with that recast.

36 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Or maybe it depends on whether or not one agrees with said personal opinion? Because some actors and their movies certainly seemed to get attacked for their personal opinions or advocacy such as Brie Larson and Captain Marvel getting attacked by the legion of trolls for daring to call for diversity in the ranks of film criticism. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Nope.

31 minutes ago, godzilla43 said:

Yeah, of course. I was just joking but the truth to be told I think if they will do a recast it is not a big issue for most of us. They replaced Edward Norton and just watching couple minutes of Ruffalo playing Bruce Banner everyone was okay with that recast.

Me too.

They already lost Boseman, sadly, so I don't think that Marvel Studios would be doing themselves any favors by recasting the 2nd most-recognized character of that particular franchise's title.

If they decide to go that route, then why not recast T'Challa? If we can easily separate the character from the actor/actress, what's the downfall?

1 hour ago, D84 said:

Actually, I will. I'm sick of the entertainment industry bowing down to the twitter mob.

so true. studios and world leaders react as if twitter respresents "the people," when in fact it just represents the people who are on that platform, which is a much smaller group than the rest of us who don't bother with it. #canceltwitter lol 

3 minutes ago, www.alexgross.com said:

so true. studios and world leaders react as if twitter respresents "the people," when in fact it just represents the people who are on that platform, which is a much smaller group than the rest of us who don't bother with it. #canceltwitter lol 

Don't #canceltwitter, just #ignoretwitter.

Maybe Letitia has a point! Doesn’t the description of the Novavax vaccine sound very similar to what they describe in the comics? A recombinant protein grown in insect cells. These vaccines haven’t been tested for any significant time to see long term results, so what if we’re just trading one virus now for another one in the future? Sounds like some high evolutionary project to me. Modern science comes out with a lot of treatments, but cures are always scarce, because they’re not profitable. 

918960EB-A7B8-4ABB-B82F-7A7AB85820BD.jpeg

On 12/4/2020 at 10:18 AM, Oddball said:

it sure seems like people are getting offended just a bit too easily these days.

I disagree. IMO, the number of people who ACT offended far outnumber those who actually ARE offended.

It's the Washington Redskins, people. And it always will be (to me).

30 minutes ago, Gaard said:

I mean, that one isn't the best example because Native Americans have been fighting that name for a long time. Also, I actually like the name "Washington Football Team". I still call them the Redskins sometimes, but I think WFT is kinda fun.

3 hours ago, bpc3qh said:

I mean, that one isn't the best example because Native Americans have been fighting that name for a long time. Also, I actually like the name "Washington Football Team". I still call them the Redskins sometimes, but I think WFT is kinda fun.

Washington Team Football would be more appropriate

Edited by paperheart

13 hours ago, Gaard said:
On 12/4/2020 at 10:18 AM, Oddball said:

it sure seems like people are getting offended just a bit too easily these days.

I disagree. IMO, the number of people who ACT offended far outnumber those who actually ARE offended.

Redskin is a racial slur. You don't think it is because you're probably not Native American or don't have enough empathy to understand how it could be offensive. Perhaps the Washington football team should do a poll and ask a group of white folks if the name Washington Whities is offensive, or a group of black folks if Washington Blackies is offensive, or a group of Asian Americans if Washington Yellow People is offensive? Perhaps the Cleveland Browns should do a poll to see if adding the face of a Pacific Islander to their helmet is offensive to them?

Also, this isn't equatable to Leticia Wright tweeting some non-educated conspiracy bs about a vaccine. It's wrong to a lot of people because the world is dealing with a deadly global pandemic and the only way to fight it is by wearing masks, social distancing, and vaccinations. It's good Shuri deleted her Twitter account so she can keep her stupid dumb**s comments to herself instead of influencing her many social media followers. Nobody's going to see Black Panther 2 if we can't go back to the movies because people don't want to do their part to fight this pandemic.

I’m down for masks and distancing but I turned down the vaccine when it was offered to all of us here at work. It’s most likely fine but no one can say if there will be any negative long term effects. Plus you can still get COVID after vaccination just like you can catch the flu after vaccination and we still don’t have that one down. The virus is mutating and may be our way of life for the next decade.  

https://youtu.be/TReCZ2auRkE

33 minutes ago, Oddball said:

I’m down for masks and distancing but I turned down the vaccine when it was offered to all of us here at work. It’s most likely fine but no one can say if there will be any negative long term effects. Plus you can still get COVID after vaccination just like you can catch the flu after vaccination and we still don’t have that one down. The virus is mutating and may be our way of life for the next decade.  

https://youtu.be/TReCZ2auRkE

If people realize that vibrations can cause & cure illness, we will learn to fight all disease.

16 minutes ago, Oddball said:

Saw this a while back, it’s pretty amazing and hopefully it leads somewhere. 

If we rely on corporations to save us, we can expect an existence full of suffering. We need to learn how things work & start thinking for ourselves. Here’s a tuning fork some company made to detect COVID-19. I bet they could eliminate the pandemic with the right frequencies. The frequencies that our tech is producing is possibly causing the pandemic to begin with. I can’t say if they’re terrestrial or if it’s related to planetary alignments, but I know that every planet vibrates at different frequencies & effect one another like multiple batteries producing a higher or lower charge. 

FDFD4D2D-74FA-4184-A4C8-D60F527195F6.jpeg

Edited by chezmtghut