• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Letitia Wright backlash Shuri recast
2 2

87 posts in this topic

On 2/12/2021 at 5:31 PM, thehumantorch said:

These vaccines were rushed, out of necessity , to development and delivery. 

The pivotal clinical trials of the two RNA-based vaccines conditionally approved in the US evaluated 30,000 and 44,000 participants.  They were run using the gold standard of clinical trial design: double-blinded (neither the volunteer nor the trial data analyst knew who received vaccine and who placebo), placebo controlled, and randomized as to group assignment.  The codes were broken and the data analyzed by Data and Safety Monitoring Boards independent of the companies sponsoring the trials and supplying the vaccines.  So no, the trials weren't rushed.

Were the designs of the vaccines rushed?  Only if you consider 20 years of scientific research developing modified RNAs that could be delivered to humans and formulated in a way they could drive sufficient production of the target protein in the muscle cells at the injection sites to trigger a neutralizing immune response a rush job.  Or the research begun during the SARS pandemic of 2003 that led to identification of the coronavirus Spike protein as key for viral invasion of human cells and replication, and in its pre-fusion conformation as an achilles heel of this virus family for development of neutralizing immune responses.

Edited by namisgr

Instead of making sad emoji reactions when you see something you disagree with, @wilbil, why not actually say what is on your mind? 

Edited by Buzzetta

6 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Instead of making sad emoji reactions when you see something you disagree with, @wilbil, why not actually say what is on your mind? 

For eternal trolling.  If he/she actually made posts targeting other board members, he/she would receive warning points, like happened when he/she used his/her two prior board identities.

On 2/12/2021 at 5:31 PM, thehumantorch said:

These vaccines were rushed, out of necessity , to development and delivery.  Isn't there a possibility that they could have unknown and harmful long term side effects?  We've seen what happened with Thalidomide.

A lot of people are failing to follow the money during all of this too. These vaccine companies got massive government contracts, as did a lot of companies manufacturing PPE which has turned out to be almost entirely ineffective since approximately 1% of people wear it correctly. Also, apparently, you get stronger natural immunity from exposure to the virus than you do with the vaccine. For someone in my age group, I'm about as likely to have side effects like Palsy from the vaccine as I am to have any reaction at all to the virus itself. Then theres Walmart and Amazon whose stock prices are at all time highs while small businesses close around the country in record numbers. Then there's the scores of CEOs that stepped down from their positions right before the pandemic started. 

This may have started as an actual pandemic, but at this point it's nothing more than a giant money laundering scheme designed to keep people scared enough to keep it running

7 minutes ago, Nic8612 said:

A lot of people are failing to follow the money during all of this too. These vaccine companies got massive government contracts, as did a lot of companies manufacturing PPE which has turned out to be almost entirely ineffective since approximately 1% of people wear it correctly. Also, apparently, you get stronger natural immunity from exposure to the virus than you do with the vaccine. For someone in my age group, I'm about as likely to have side effects like Palsy from the vaccine as I am to have any reaction at all to the virus itself. Then theres Walmart and Amazon whose stock prices are at all time highs while small businesses close around the country in record numbers. Then there's the scores of CEOs that stepped down from their positions right before the pandemic started. 

This may have started as an actual pandemic, but at this point it's nothing more than a giant money laundering scheme designed to keep people scared enough to keep it running

The largest transfer of wealth I have ever heard of. :(