• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

European CGC grading?

2 posts in this topic

Hi
I've been asking some questions to my self recently regarding CGC. Lets face it you guys are the set industry standard on grading and encapsulation. 
While CBCS and PGX are ok, only CGC graded really matter in the market. With that said as I live in the UK the price for shipping to the US is extortionate (this isn't your fault).
With the high amount of demand growing for this service in the UK, has CGC any plans to develop a grading and encapsulation service for comics and magazines in the UK or anywhere in Europe?
This would allow for quicker turn around for European collectors and lessen the chance of damage in transport.
I think this would be a win-win situation.

• Administrator

Good morning,

Thank you for your message and your interest in CGC.  While we do have an office in London where you can submit, we don't have plans at the moment to have graders permanently in our London office.  We have done grading events in the past but with the current state of things, it seems unlikely that we would be able to do something like that any time soon.  We hope to continue to grow and have graders in other locations at some point in the future.  We just don't know exactly when that will occur.  

Thanks for your support!