• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How big is the pool of buyers for six-figure O/A?

126 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, grapeape said:

Have you reached out to PIH ?

Where I left off you piece was suspect but far from consensus fake.

I remember trying to help you with this but couldn’t get anybody to go on the record or even answer me. It wasn’t PIH but those supposedly aware 😎of when drawings were done that did not return my emails.

Genesis West

Mike Thibodeaux 

Anybody else want to help me bang on these guys door steps for non evasive answers?

I didn’t pursue it further once I saw the lines identical to those on the Ranmin piece. The collector who previously owned the piece is deceased, and I figured the auction house wouldn’t have any independent knowledge.

On 12/14/2020 at 4:02 PM, RBerman said:

I bought a fake Kirby through Profiles in History last year. Anybody want one, let me know!

God, what an absolute nightmare. I purchased a Kirby sketch (one from the infamous Roz sketchbook) and after reading up on some prominent fakery couldn't rest easy until I had consulted a repro of the drawing (from the Kirby Heroes and Villains hardcover) and e-mailed back and forth with a few folks whose knowledge I trusted. I'm confident at this point that my drawing is legit, but the whole experience made me wary of ever buying sketches again.