• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Action Comics #1 Brittle Page shavings up for sale

31 posts in this topic

46 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

So here are my thoughts on this... and a free Christmas idea for people that have the time on their hands for this.  If you choose to do this then send me a bottle or a small check as a thank you.  Maybe it is because I remember the nut jobs on home shopping network hawking baseball cards but here we go. 

If the provenance is real then this is what you do:

41tsBitSeBL._AC_.jpg.9ec1065ef985f3e3b8f9ea7b084f058c.jpg

You take a flake and have it encapsulated in a card.  Approach Funko, Topps, Upper Deck... whoever.

You sell a gift set:

• Card featuring Superman with an Action 1 background and the window with the flake of the comic in it. 
  • Funko Pop Limited Edition of Superman
  • Reprint of Action Comics #1
  • Certificate 
  • Replica in plastic of the $10,000 Superman Decoder Ring
  • Slip Case Book that has a litho print of Action 1 on the cover.  It slides off the box if you want to frame it.  The case is big enough to hold the comic, ring, funko and the card.
  • Numbered collectable of say 50 units?  100 Units?

Price it out at whatever it takes to make a profit.

Boom.

Money. 

Does this c-r-a-p actually sell? Is that a waffle off of a Denny’s plate he ate at? I wouldn’t even want it for free with free shipping.

I get cards, but they are boring. It’s 1 picture to look at. At least a comic has a story with tons of pictures.

1 minute ago, BigLeagueCHEW said:

Does this c-r-a-p actually sell? Is that a waffle off of a Denny’s plate he ate at? I wouldn’t even want it for free with free shipping.

I get cards, but they are boring. It’s 1 picture to look at. At least a comic has a story with tons of pictures.

That's why it would be a pack.  I mean let's be real for a second.  People actually bought the dirt from the old Yankee Stadium. 

20 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

That's why it would be a pack.  I mean let's be real for a second.  People actually bought the dirt from the old Yankee Stadium. 

You get that staple signed by stan lee and you got somethin.