• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New to getting comics and cards graded

3 posts in this topic

I am looking into getting some things graded. Because of covid there are no conventions to drop off and there isn't a dealer in 3hr drive from me (odd for such a large city as Houston). So my only option is to mail it off. Who is the best shipper in your opinion? The value of the items is about $3000, do people really insure the package for that much or just rely on the shipper to deliver? Is signature or delivery confirmation allowed? I read PSA has been shut down due to covid, is CGC still accepting items?

• Administrator

Good morning,

Thanks for your message.  Yes, CGC is still open and running normally.  In order to send books in for grading, you would need to be a paid member of our Collector's Society.  You can find out more about how to sign up and how to submit books here: https://www.cgccomics.com/submit/how-to-submit/

Once you are a paid member, you would complete a submission form online and print a packing slip.  This is what you will send in with your books.  You can ship you items to us whatever shipping method you prefer. We do recommend insuring your package regardless of the carrier you choose. You can ship signature required.  All shipments are delivered directly to our office location and all packages are signed for.  When we ship your order back you will have the option to choose from USPS Registered mail, FedEx ground or UPS ground.  Only registered will be fully insured (for domestic shipments) whereas FedEx and UPS are only insured up to $100 per box.  

If you have any other questions, please let us know.  Thank you!

On 12/9/2020 at 5:55 AM, Jennifer F. said:

Good morning,

Thanks for your message.  Yes, CGC is still open and running normally.  In order to send books in for grading, you would need to be a paid member of our Collector's Society.  You can find out more about how to sign up and how to submit books here: https://www.cgccomics.com/submit/how-to-submit/

Once you are a paid member, you would complete a submission form online and print a packing slip.  This is what you will send in with your books.  You can ship you items to us whatever shipping method you prefer. We do recommend insuring your package regardless of the carrier you choose. You can ship signature required.  All shipments are delivered directly to our office location and all packages are signed for.  When we ship your order back you will have the option to choose from USPS Registered mail, FedEx ground or UPS ground.  Only registered will be fully insured (for domestic shipments) whereas FedEx and UPS are only insured up to $100 per box.  

If you have any other questions, please let us know.  Thank you!

I have a suggestion.  I think you should put the CGC mailing addresses on the packing slip.  It always takes me awhile to find the address.  Yes, I know the address is different for USPS as opposed to FEDEX or UPS.  Just a suggestion to lessen frustration.