• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Current turn-a-round 78 days. At 82 so far.

10 posts in this topic

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, Sayntin said:

Says the current turn-a-round is 78 days for economy, it has been 82 as of today.  And still no word.  Received on Aug 18th.  

Are you counting business days or all days? Our turn times are estimated in business days.

Sometimes it takes a few (5-10) business  days from them receiving the books to the day the books are inputted into the system

thats when the Cgc clock starts.  

On 12/10/2020 at 8:11 AM, Sayntin said:

Says the current turn-a-round is 78 days for economy, it has been 82 as of today.  And still no word.  Received on Aug 18th.  

Turnaround times are estimates, not accurate counts.  Once your book is subbed, it becomes a waiting game.  You just gotta be patient.

On 12/10/2020 at 11:11 AM, Sayntin said:

I feel you.

Mine were received on 10-7, and nothing. It's starting to make me mad, and not want to submit any more.

Seems unfair the turn around time keeps rising even after books are received.

But yeah. Definitely a waiting game. Especially painful if you're waiting for hot books.

9 hours ago, Thomcm said:

I feel you.

Mine were received on 10-7, and nothing. It's starting to make me mad, and not want to submit any more.

But yeah. Definitely a waiting game. Especially painful if you're waiting for hot books.

9 hours ago, Thomcm said:

I feel you.

I absolutely agree, when I submitted the books. The turn-a-round times was in the 60's.  Now because it is in the 80's, that shouldn't apply to my books that I sent over 3 months ago when the turn-a-round times were different.   I also feel the same way bout submitting anymore, I will just wait till things get back to normal.  Or they figure out how to increase their grading process by opening another center or moving to a bigger installation.  Something? Doesn't seem like they can handle success very well, they should be expanding.

Of course people would like turnaround times to be A) more reflective of reality and B) faster, but i think most seasoned submitters don't even check turnaround times and just resign themselves to turnaround times of 4-6 months non-fastracked.  If you can't wait that long then fast track or don't submit.  Understandably, someone new would not know this yet, but that's the reality.

7 hours ago, Thomcm said:

6 months??!!

Well, if the estimated turnaround time is 75-85 days, always go on the high end.  So its 85 business days, so no weekends or holidays.

SO 85 business days = 4 calendar months less weekends and holidays.  Then you factor in 5-10 business days for them to get your book into the system, which is actually two weeks.  SO now you're looking at 4.5 months.  Well it also took 3 days to ship it there, 5-7 days to ship in back.  SO you're looking at 4.8 months door-to-door.  If there is any kind of snag (maybe there's a big convention with lots of subs, or CGC makes a mistake somewhere but caught it and needs to correct it, or you've farmed out staff to do a big signing event, or weather gets crazy in Florida, or you're in THE MIDDLE OF A GLOBAL PANDEMIC), or a few little snags add a business day or two here and there, you're easily into five month+ territory.  

If it comes faster, great.  But if i have CONCRETE plans for the comic before six months i'd go fast track.