• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Clutter Pays Auctions and More ( I say avoid them)

4 posts in this topic

I won some books in their recent online auction though Live Auctions. Shipping comics is a problem, they have no idea how to pack books in volume. The charges are astronomical to say the least. I won 250 books and the price they quoted me is $133.00. It's basically a long box full of books shipped in the USA. I argued with them and they could care less. So, as a way of saying thanks I am sharing this experience with my fellow board members. If you see them, best to stay away.

250 comics is a big package in both weight and volume.  40 lbs?  A box the size of a long box?  

I've never had that many books shipped but $133 doesn't sound bad to me.  

I just paid $200 to check my surfboard as baggage on a flight.  Shipping anything big or heavy costs a fortune.

8 hours ago, nochips said:

I won some books in their recent online auction though Live Auctions. Shipping comics is a problem, they have no idea how to pack books in volume. The charges are astronomical to say the least. I won 250 books and the price they quoted me is $133.00. It's basically a long box full of books shipped in the USA. I argued with them and they could care less. So, as a way of saying thanks I am sharing this experience with my fellow board members. If you see them, best to stay away.

Hopefully it's packaged safely