• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Fantastic Four Movie

28 posts in this topic

putting aside political views......

Richards: Clooney

Sue Storm: many choices i think.....should be like 22-25 yrs old or at least look that young.........

Jonny Storm: Damon maybe? or Stiffler? Orlando Bloom?

Thing: Vin Diesel or The Rock

Dr Doom: Russell Crowe

WHOA, nice choices...I hope they hire you to do the casting, because I'm already excited about the movie assuming those actors are in it!!! laugh.gif And Heather Graham is an EXCELLENT choice for Sue Storm.

Don't know about casting too much but I agree with Heather Graham choice.

Is Chris Columbus still attached for scr/dir?

I guess Doctor Doom is the launch villain.

The Movie should be set in the early '60's for extra period flavor.

The Inhumans should definitely be in the second movie(If the first one doesn't suck)

Can you imagine a CG'd Lock Jaw?

And the main title theme should be something that reflects the Fantastic Four *perfectly*,in a musical sense....

Maybe John Williams should take a break from all this "Star Wars" [!@#%^&^],and take the chance to redefine his musical style.

Other than that....?

"If Fred Gwynne had married Jane Russell,they would have given birth to Britney Spears!"

Is Chris Columbus still attached for scr/dir?
I don't think about any of these movie rumors as real until a studio commits money and signs a contract. Prior to that event, all the talk about a movie is hype that may or may never happen.

There are so many choices but I do think that the characters should not be too young. If they are too young it would be illogical - they are all supposed to be through college, gone into space etc..Here would be my top picks in order of preference-

Dr.Doom - Gary Oldman, Anthony Hopkins, Christopher Plummer,Malcolm McDowell, Sam Neill

Ben Grimm - Michael Clarke Duncan ( big black guy from Green Mile and Armageddon - he doesn't have to be white.), Laurence Fishburne, Samuel L. Jackson

Johnny Storm - Paul Walker ( The Fast and Furious) Chris O'Donnell,Colin Farrell , Keanu Reeves, Orlando Bloom(LOTR)

Reed Richards - Viggo Mortensen ( Aragorn in Lord of the Rings), Jeff Goldblum, George Clooney, Val Kilmer, Sam Neill , Richeard Dean Anderson,

Sue Richards -, Laura Linney ( main female character in Congo), Cate Blanchett (Lady Galadriel in Lord of the Rings), Gwyneth Paltrow, Laura Dern, Nicole Kiddman, Cameron Diaz

Tomega

Nice choices, except isn't Sue Storm rather reserved and non-complex? Linney, Blanchett, Dern, and Kidman have more acting ability than would be required given the way she is in the comics I've read. She seems like a 50s-60s kind of housewife, before the mid-afternoon talk shows started getting housewifes a bit more socially and philosophically contemplative.

Heather Graham isn't much of a character actor, and she comes across as not too bright--but that's exactly how I picture Sue Storms. I have memories of issues where she chided Reed for being "too smart" and for becoming a "geek staying in the lab too much," and saying how she wishes his head wasn't so focused on science so she could have a simple conversation with him. I picture Linney, Blanchett, Dern, and possibly Kidman trying to relate to Reed by exploring some interest they might have in science themselves, but that's not what Sue Storm does. At least not the Sue from Stan's early days or Byrne's days; those are the only ones I've read recently enough to remember much about.

Also, Ben Grimm is shorter than Reed in the comics, I believe...he's bulky but not tall like Duncan. He bulks up as the Thing, but I don't think he bulked upwards more than a few inches.

All good except Russell Crowe as Doom? Don't see it.

Anthony Hopkins would make a great Doom.

And they should use Vin Diesel's voice on a CGI Thing.

The Thing: "Fat [!@#%^&^]" - before he went on a diet.

Mr. Fantastic: Mini-Me (with the right Special Effects, it could work.)

Invisible Girl: Hollow Man

The Torch: a series of stuntmen

Dr.Doom - Voodoo

Ben Grimm - Evan Stone

Johnny Storm - Rocco Siffredi

Reed Richards - Peter North

Sue Richards - Brianna Banks

This cast would definitely take this movie to a whole new unexplored level...