• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Fantastic Four Movie

28 posts in this topic

Nice choices, except isn't Sue Storm rather reserved and non-complex? Linney, Blanchett, Dern, and Kidman have more acting ability than would be required given the way she is in the comics I've read. She seems like a 50s-60s kind of housewife, before the mid-afternoon talk shows started getting housewifes a bit more socially and philosophically contemplative.

Actually, the weak Sue Richards was replaced by a more confident intelligent capable version almost 20 years ago. A stronger female is a more marketable character, expecially in today's day and age. That is why I was thinking of Linney, Blanchett, Dern, and Kidman - they are more like the Sue Richards I am familiar with. I think the 18 to 30 target crowd would be more familiar with the current Sue Richards then the 60's early 70's stereotype ( not to mention Marvel would never want to be politically incorrect - sic.) Look at Jean Grey in the X-men movie compared to the original Jean Grey - same thing. I think , in the real world( if that is even applicable to fictional comic characters), someone like Reed Richards would generally not be attracted to a weak, intellectually inept women ( and vice versa for Sue.)

Also, Ben Grimm is shorter than Reed in the comics, I believe...he's bulky but not tall like Duncan. He bulks up as the Thing, but I don't think he bulked upwards more than a few inches

You are right, Ben Grimm is shorter then Richards but only by an inch ( according to the handy dandy Marveldirectory.com) and does not change during transformation. I do not think minor height differences will be considered.

But let's remember, the film does not have to be and most probably will not be an exact interpretation of the Fantastic Four. But who knows, maybe, Marvel will have a lumpy Thing who can lift only 5 tons, with a pipe smoking Reed Richards, and a happy homemaker Sure Richards - never underestimate the ability of Marvel to screw up a good movie.

Tomega

Dr.Doom - Voodoo,Sue Richards - Brianna Banks etc

Well if it headed in that direction you would have to have the Mole Man as well, or should he be called the Pole Man. Of course the actor playing the mole man would have to be short, fat , and hairy like the real mole man so Ron Jeremy would fit that role just fine...............

Well if it headed in that direction you would have to have the Mole Man as well, or should he be called the Pole Man. Of course the actor playing the mole man would have to be short, fat , and hairy like the real mole man so Ron Jeremy would fit that role just fine...............

i was thinking it would be the Hole man. and i liked harry reams for that part. only cause i needed an excuse to type harry reams.

How about:

Dr.Doom: 'Sug' Knight

Ben Grimm: Ving Rhames

Reed Richards: Sean 'Puffy' Coombs

Sue Richards: J-Lo (Jennifer Lopez)

Johnny Storm: ' 50 cent '

No thanks...I'm really getting tired of rappers thinking that they can act....The only reasons it's done is to make Holloywood money, using black rappers to bring in black audiences to more movies...If I was a rapper I don't think I'd be to happy about being used like that.....but that's a whole 'nother forum!

If I was a rapper I don't think I'd be to happy about being used like that.....

Yeah, I'm sure they're crying over it. smirk.gif It's all about the "bling bling". grin.gif