• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What do people think of the Batman 231 cover at Heritage?

7 posts in this topic

I think this is a very weak cover. While I've always really liked Adams work but I have not seen a cover offered for public sale that motivated me to pull the trigger due to the fact that I think much of his DC work was a bit corny like all DC work of the period. There are some great pieces out there like WO's cover with the werewolf. But when the great pieces come out they tend to be offered privately and priced higher than I value them. Guess I'm your typical Marvel guy.

So you think it will go pretty low? That is one of the first Batman comics I ever got so it has a fond place in my heart...

Fingers ?,...uh,...no.

Hard to tell. It is Nead Adams. 10K - 12K tops.

Agreed; although if it has a low reserve or no reserve it could go lower. Yeeech!

I think that this is a very weak cover. there was a Detective 421 cover (i could be wrong about the issue number) that was on Heritage and ebay and both times it didn't sell. it's reserve was only in the 5500 range. it also wasn't a particularly strong batman cover. I don't see this one hitting 10k at all....