• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Varients Collecting

11 posts in this topic

Hello all I have been a coin collector for years and am now getting my feet wet with comics. I am interested in collecting variation covers #1a...b, signed, etc., and was wondering if there is a specific series that has a good amount of these to collect.

Edited by Kasey

Every month my friend.every month theres variant cover poping out especially no 1st like the new aliens marvel will pop out a helluva variants and we numbskulls will buy them anyway even if we know the gimmick me included...thats part of collecting.but seriously because i was not very serious back there there are canadien price variants or just price variant like the very first star wars there witman cover did i spell it right? Theres back cover variants more known in golden and silver age theres marxs jewels centerfold variants and annoter for the army centerfolds that éludes me and theres.............hhhhhhaaaa tired of writing.hope you catch the drift theres enough for every tastes,so long lol

Edited by Namtak

Even charity variants,i got an ironman cover with blue suits for prostate cancer .few cent goes to the cause....lenticular ,and some consider other printing like variant especially because the art cover can change.the first full doomsday fourth printing is scarce so pricey.i collect Killing joke printing ho and some collect uk variant Mexico ect.....some un variants are considered first print, came out almost the same time than us release like the un Killing joke......ouch finger cramps too much writting lol

On 12/18/2020 at 2:44 PM, Kasey said:

Hello all I have been a coin collector for years and am now getting my feet wet with comics. I am interested in collecting variation covers #1a...b, signed, etc., and was wondering if there is a specific series that has a good amount of these to collect.

Get your feet wet if you wish but not the comics this aint coins you know lol

On 12/18/2020 at 11:44 AM, Kasey said:

It's kind of up to you what you want to collect. I for one can tell you that the Variant cover books have been done to death and to stay away. While others love 'em. 

4 hours ago, BigLeagueCHEW said:

It's kind of up to you what you want to collect. I for one can tell you that the Variant cover books have been done to death and to stay away. While others love 'em. 

I like when they give the opportunité for small comic shop to have a personalised variant like once spidey is reading journal and on journal is the personnalisée comic shop on it its fun  the best once the godzilla about to crush a building with feet and they put a photo of the comic shop about to be destroyer by godzilla, so those variant are special ,you go to  your comic shop to buy the comics and its on the comics.always fun  

On 12/18/2020 at 11:44 AM, Kasey said:

Amazing Spider-Man