• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Crappy copy of Avengers 1... but just how crappy?
2 2

27 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, FoggyNelson said:

Yessiree funny books have proven to be a great investmentšŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ˜·ā¤ļøā¤ļø

Iā€™m figuring that out...i stopped collecting 35 years ago and other than rebagging now and then havenā€™t paid attention. Ā Now that Iā€™m rebagging/reboarding (I love Mylar!) Iā€™m getting around to cataloging...just found this in NM. This is fun.

36EF0FC5-0C89-4B4C-8F10-4569A26A90F2.jpeg

...I like the 2 cent price...then had trouble selling so 2 for 3 cent price! For Avengers #1?! Obviously it didn't sell at your Mom's garage sale...or your Dad got the deal of the century at a neighborhood sale, just didn't know it at the time!( I wonder what comic came with this one for 3 cents?) It's a 0.5, but it's #1, and great back story. Press, clean and grade...and keep! Lucky you own one!

27 minutes ago, Trifisherjoe said:

...I like the 2 cent price...then had trouble selling so 2 for 3 cent price! For Avengers #1?! Obviously it didn't sell at your Mom's garage sale...or your Dad got the deal of the century at a neighborhood sale, just didn't know it at the time!( I wonder what comic came with this one for 3 cents?) It's a 0.5, but it's #1, and great back story. Press, clean and grade...and keep! Lucky you own one!

As Iā€™ve been going thru my comics (all bought either new or slightly used in 70s thru mid-80s) itā€™s amazing how many have like a ā€œ30ā€ written in pencil on the back from a comic boom store or convention. Ā Bags werenā€™t really a thing yet at least pre-80 so theyā€™d write the price on the book.Ā Then thereā€™s all my silver age marvels with kidsā€™ math homework written in pen on the front covers. We didnā€™t care about condition back then...I was just trying to fill in collections to read the stories! (And even if high grades were for sale if I had $3 to spend it would always be 10 for $3 vs 1 for $3)