• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Submission updates and tier clarification

3 posts in this topic

Hello! I am a first time submitter and had a few questions. I have looked through the website and may be missing the information, but is there a breakdown of what the tier levels mean? The Modern, Value, and Economy tiers to be specific. 

As far as tracking my submissions - will the status be updated in the submission tracking as the comics move to the next part of the grading process? I assume the received step is the longest one, but what is the time frame like after the comics have been received to when they are finished? I understand that turnaround times can vary day to day, just looking for an approximate. 

Thank you! 

• Administrator
On 12/23/2020 at 9:58 AM, Julian Stovall said:

Hello! I am a first time submitter and had a few questions. I have looked through the website and may be missing the information, but is there a breakdown of what the tier levels mean? The Modern, Value, and Economy tiers to be specific. 

As far as tracking my submissions - will the status be updated in the submission tracking as the comics move to the next part of the grading process? I assume the received step is the longest one, but what is the time frame like after the comics have been received to when they are finished? I understand that turnaround times can vary day to day, just looking for an approximate. 

Thank you! 

Thanks for the note. The easiest way to learn more about the tiers is to view our Service and Fees page. Our tiers are based on age and value of the book. For instance, if you book was published in 1986, its age would be considered MODERN but if the value is over $200, then it would need to fit in one of the higher value tiers like Economy which covers books valued up to $400. If your book comes in and we find that you under-valued your book we will move it to the correct tier to ensure it has the correct insurance applied to it while it's in our care.

As far as tracking is concerned, you are correct our system does not give a clear view into what process it is going through UNTIL it hits grading -- and yes, receiving is the longest. For instance, if you submitted for pressing and grading, you would still see your book under "RECEIVED" while going through pressing, but then when it's done with Pressing it would change to "READY FOR GRADING" and then it moves fairly quickly after that. I hope this helps some.

https://www.cgccomics.com/submit/services-fees/cgc-grading/