• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Christmas came early...found in the attic

63 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

and for the record, I checked the back of the stamp in my full booklet and it did come from a Hulk 181.

Sad since there were 2 other sources of that stamp:

Man-Thing 13

Astonishing Tales 23

:pullhair:

Just now, KCOComics said:

That's really cool! Pretty diverse group of characters from the marvel universe! 

No Woodgod...:sorry:

7 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

dont know who that is

merely the most pointless superhero a comic company ever came up with to try to cash in on the #1 craze of the 70s!!!

1 hour ago, Bluemedgroup said:

With how much value was destroyed in cutting out MVS, you would think they would be worth something, but I find it crazy that there are worth much at all. 

Depends on the stamp and which book they came from. Stamps from IH 180, 181, Daredevil 131 and Marvel Premiere 15 have sold for a good premium off the top of my head. The one’s that came out of a key book are more sought after in the hope of marrying to another book where it’s missing for a possible grade bump regardless of the label color if slabbed

Edited by B2D327

On 12/24/2020 at 11:06 PM, kav said:

merely the most pointless superhero a comic company ever came up with to try to cash in on the #1 craze of the 70s!!!

Joe Kubert's cover art for Ragman #1 is actually pretty solid. And honestly, the first book isn't terrible. But you sort of got the feeling that Kanigher, already very much approaching the end of his career, cared just a little bit less about the book's scripting with each subsequent issue. Having one of the thugs in issue #2 named "Kinky"... did not help.

4 minutes ago, Qalyar said:

Joe Kubert's cover art for Ragman #1 is actually pretty solid. And honestly, the first book isn't terrible. But you sort of got the feeling that Kanigher, already very much approaching the end of his career, cared just a little bit less about the book's scripting with each subsequent issue. Having one of the thugs in issue #2 named "Kinky"... did not help.

Late 70s every month you went to comic shop there were 2 or 3 #1's.  Or more.  Ragman, eternals, starfire, john carter of mars, spectacular spider man-they really juiced the market and we gobbled em up-thought they would all be action #1's some day.