• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Opening an already graded comic to get it signed?

18 posts in this topic

I cracked 11 Blue Label books to resubmit for the CGC Signature Series. 2 books came back .2 higher(an old Blue label & Modern label), and 1 dropped from 9.4 to 9.2(book was previously graded on-site)

The rest came back with the same grade. thumbsup2.gif

I also cracked a CGG 9.4, and it came back 9.6

Personally i dont see the point in just getting the slab signed....i would prefer the authentic GCG SS....

To me signing a slab is like getting some celebrity to sign you chest laugh.gif

Id like to get Isabella Soprano to sign my chest cloud9.gif

I'd go for Anna Falchi, myself, but hey, what do I know. . . wink.gif

I believe that CGC has to actually witness the autographs. I simple COA from a CGC affiliated dealer is not good enough. I sent in an Uncanny X-men 300 that was autographed at a signing they had arranged at one of their stores, but If CGC did not see or sanction the signing, you will be stuck with simple Universal code. They would not place my book in the SS series for that reason. Hell, If I had a CGC rep with me everytime I got an autograph, that would be great, but I just don't see it in the cards. screwy.gif

Personally i dont see the point in just getting the slab signed....i would prefer the authentic GCG SS....

To me signing a slab is like getting some celebrity to sign you chest laugh.gif

Really? You regularly wash your CGC slabs? Take them in the shower with you?

Getting the slab signed gets you the sig without defacing the book. As long as you know the sig is real then who cares what CGC thinks? I have my Wrightson ST set signed on the Mylar. I got the sig of a great artist and didn't ruin my books in the process. I also didn't have to fork over a bunch of $ to CGC to do it.

Let's review:

1. Got Wrightsons sig on ten comics.

2. Didn't ruin the comics.

3. Didn't spend a dime.

Sounds like a winner to me.

Arent you suppose to do that?

As long as you know the sig is real then who cares what CGC thinks?

I hear ya....true i know, i've a fair few signed comics, i do however believe it *looks* better...and if you're selling a slabbed SS you will obviously get more for it as no one is going to doubt your tale wink.gif

Personal taste as usual.....

Cheers,

As long as you know the sig is real then who cares what CGC thinks?

One thing to keep in mind pertaining to the washing the slab idea, Slabs are not waterproof.

All of this of course is IMHO. confused-smiley-013.gif

Or you could get the comic slabbed, then double signed/numbered, then leave it in the back of your car to get MELTED in the hot sun! I can't find the auction right now, but when I read that I actually was laughing out loud! If someone finds that PLEASE post it here; it's ended by now.