• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Additional Signatures?

11 posts in this topic

Hello everyone! Questions...

1)     I'd like to get a comic signed by Jason David Frank. That being said, let's say I send it in for a signature and obviously get it capsulated with a yellow label. And later down the road I see that the artist is also doing signings, can I send the same comic in to get the artists signature too? So that I have both signatures with a yellow label?

2)     I have a yellow label slab with Stan Lee's signature but it has an old cgc holder/case. If I send it in for a newer slab casing, will they honor the yellow label or give me a green one?

Thank you in advance!

Yes. An already encapsulated yellow label book can be submitted again to CGC directly, at a show, or through a facilitator for additional sigs and retain a yellow label. An older SS book can be submitted for a reholder(or pressing or regrading) and keep the yellow label. Do not take the book out of the slab or label is voided. 

You can keep on going. This currently has two additional signatures upon it and back at cgc for well, I lost count at this point. lol 

It currently is getting regraded with Zordon's voice and Austin St. John. Eventually like this one, the additional information/signatures are posted on the back of the slab.

20200407_165255.thumb.jpg.394c7f524299c1d676b7a364e262effc.jpg15862933801328868800162131285834.thumb.jpg.cfa208ae8255302c4a83859d46ae23c1.jpg

Edited by cgcsketcherz

On 12/26/2020 at 5:51 AM, cgcsketcherz said:

You can keep on going. This currently has two additional signatures upon it and back at cgc for well, I lost count at this point. lol 

It currently is getting regraded with Zordon's voice and Austin St. John. Eventually like this one, the additional information/signatures are posted on the back of the slab.

Fantastic book!

Have you had any concern with losing grade because of repeated de-slab/slab processes?  

10 hours ago, EmoJackson said:

Fantastic book!

Have you had any concern with losing grade because of repeated de-slab/slab processes?  

Thank you, this was one of my favorite shows in elementary school (behind the turtles re-runs of course) and  knock on wood it hasn't dropped. I have had it re-slabbed so far the most out of any of my books and it is off at CGC for another time and I had it travel to two different facilitators (multiple times with the one) as well as CGC travel and now 9 separate conventions/private events.  

(This book has had better vacations than I have had lol.)

My favorite go-to facilitator recommended that I get it pressed which brought it up .2. It was originally a 9.4. I do notice very slight stress streams on the back cover spine move just a small fraction since the last re-slab but I'm hopeful it will remain a 9.4.

I'll repost when it gets back with the two added signatures.  

I am one of those rare souls that don't necessarily care fully about the grade but more so keeping the history behind the item in tack. 

At this point, I think I have the remaining (alive) original rangers from the first two seasons, the producer, Zordon, and Alpha. 

The back cover (unless I can fit in on the front) just needs,

Bulk, Skull, & Rita.

12 hours ago, cgcsketcherz said:

Thank you, this was one of my favorite shows in elementary school (behind the turtles re-runs of course) and  knock on wood it hasn't dropped. I have had it re-slabbed so far the most out of any of my books and it is off at CGC for another time and I had it travel to two different facilitators (multiple times with the one) as well as CGC travel and now 9 separate conventions/private events.  

(This book has had better vacations than I have had lol.)

I am one of those rare souls that don't necessarily care fully about the grade but more so keeping the history behind the item in tack. 

Hilarious, from the sound of it the book has spent a significant amount of time away. I also teeter on with the concept of high grade vs nostalgia and history.  More often I find myself purchasing 9.6 books from ebay based on the savings potential vs spending more for the 9.8.  Especially when it's books that I would like to get signatures on.  

3 hours ago, EmoJackson said:

Hilarious, from the sound of it the book has spent a significant amount of time away. I also teeter on with the concept of high grade vs nostalgia and history.  More often I find myself purchasing 9.6 books from ebay based on the savings potential vs spending more for the 9.8.  Especially when it's books that I would like to get signatures on.  

(Yes, I have owned the book since very early 2018 having purchased it with the first signature already on it. I have had it in hand probably less than a year with all its traveling.) 

I agree especially when the book is not a sketch cover, I'd rather take my chances on a lower grade to get signatures. I have the hardest time retaining grades on DC Scooby books from the late 1990's early 2000's they seem notorious now with staple stress/pulls in the new CGC cases. 2 out of 3 books dropped after regrading. It is all part of the challenge/fun though. 

Edited by cgcsketcherz