• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS - PGM ASM 129 - GRADE IS IN
2 2

33 posts in this topic

35 minutes ago, Albert Thurgood said:

+1

It's not often that CGC comes back with a grade lower than anyone here estimates. From the photos, that looked like a VF at least.

It looked really nice, and still does! As a general comment I think scans provide the most accurate representation of a book's flaws. These pics are on the better end of digital pics for sure, but still fall short of large scans.  2c 

I’ve thought about getting it pressed again, might have a shot to bump to a 7.5 if the bends come out. Used a local presser and unfortunately those didn’t come out. But I’m fine with what it ended up at ultimately 🤷‍♂️.

8 hours ago, LDarkseid1 said:

I’ve thought about getting it pressed again, might have a shot to bump to a 7.5 if the bends come out. Used a local presser and unfortunately those didn’t come out. But I’m fine with what it ended up at ultimately 🤷‍♂️.

The way this book is going, the bump will be worth the resub

17 hours ago, Albert Thurgood said:

+1

It's not often that CGC comes back with a grade lower than anyone here estimates. From the photos, that looked like a VF at least.

Yes. It has a bend in the lower left back cover. Don't know if it affects pages at all. Still a nice book! Probably looks great in the holder.

2 hours ago, comicginger1789 said:

Huh, I don't see these flaws in the pics...at least not to the degree CGC seems to make it seem I should see them. I was also feeling 8.0-8.5ish....

Makes me wonder how mine would grade

I think it's my fault. I probably should have provided more/better photos.

8 hours ago, Randall Ries said:

Yes. It has a bend in the lower left back cover. Don't know if it affects pages at all. Still a nice book! Probably looks great in the holder.

Still wouldn't have thought that slight issue on the BC would be enough to knock it down to 7. Maybe the grader was feeling cranky that day.

1 hour ago, Albert Thurgood said:

Still wouldn't have thought that slight issue on the BC would be enough to knock it down to 7. Maybe the grader was feeling cranky that day.

I agree. I didn't grade this one before but as I looked at the book on the way down the thread I was thinking 8.0-8.5. 7.0 is a little heavy. Still a nice looking 7.0.