• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another Theory on the Purple-to-Blue Label Change

35 posts in this topic

And yet the poll numbers here don't reflect that, do they. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Yes they are quite scientific... One call to Bug and the NO camp would be ahead by a few thousand votes.

Wait now, JC. When I had a poll that would have had an award named after Joanna's Crisis On Infinite Message Boards and I was ticked at the sudden influx of negative votes, you were in support of the poll. Now you are against polls. What gives?

Wait now, JC. When I had a poll that would have had an award named after Joanna's Crisis On Infinite Message Boards and I was ticked at the sudden influx of negative votes, you were in support of the poll. Now you are against polls. What gives?

All he is saying is that the results of polls on the board can't be relied upon as a true reflection of overall opinion. Didn't the poll you just mentioned prove that?

All he is saying is that the results of polls on the board can't be relied upon as a true reflection of overall opinion. Didn't the poll you just mentioned prove that?

Of course it would but you didn't read my label! I don;t care about polls here anymore. They really do mean nothing.

What I DID care about was JC's proclivity to grab onto whatever supports his current view, regardless of the spin he has taken in the past. It is a JC Tradition, in my opinion.

What I DID care about was JC's proclivity to grab onto whatever supports his current view, regardless of the spin he has taken in the past. It is a JC Tradition, in my opinion.

There's no *spin* here. FFB positioned that this poll somehow validates the CGC decision, and I disagreed. And I'm right.

I could sit at home tonight, logging in and out of my DSL account for hours, and you'd wake up to see a landslide victory for NO. What does that prove?

When I had a poll that would have had an award named after Joanna's Crisis On Infinite Message Boards and I was ticked at the sudden influx of negative votes, you were in support of the poll. Now you are against polls. What gives?

At that point, CGC was using older software and the flaws were not as blatant. I also think the "voted" flag was cookie-based at that time, as I remember not being able to vote more than once.

Now it's IP based , all you need to do is constantly log in and out of your ISP (thereby getting a new IP) and vote til the cows come home.

Is that clear, or do I have to draw you a 893censored-thumb.gif map?

that may be true, but youre still relying on the idea that someone here would CARE enough to mess to tilt the voting one way or another. Why would anyone care to?

I've already had the Resto Rangers toss these "Poll Results" in my face as proof that the majority of people support the move, so you do the math.

that may be true, but youre still relying on the idea that someone here would CARE enough to mess to tilt the voting one way or another. Why would anyone care to?

I've already had the Resto Rangers toss these "Poll Results" in my face as proof that the majority of people support the move, so you do the math.

now, you know i agree with you vis a vis the Purple-Blue debate, but "Resto Rangers?"

wtf?

why is that even necessary?

now, you know i agree with you vis a vis the Purple-Blue debate, but "Resto Rangers?"

wtf?

why is that even necessary?

I blame it on the Cheerios.

How about the Franken-Book Five?

but what if there are six of them?

how about Fraken-Book Fanatics? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

So what if the book was only color touched and not had pieces added or tears sealed, can it be refered to as a "Marilyn Manson" instead? confused-smiley-013.gif