• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

are these still for sale?

28 posts in this topic

werent these HULKS put up on Comiclink a looong time ago?

also, being as they have ben sitting there so long, dont these 90% bids seem a little, um, I dunno, .... what I mean is, if these are really buyers who want these books, why isnt the seller just halving the difference and getting it over with already??

just asking...

929890-hulks.jpg

929890-hulks.jpg.1a1305f182990cbbc551d92092056531.jpg

Doesn't seem like the prices are really that close to the bids. Most likely the bid has been declined (or expired) and there are no new bids.

I do find it funny when a book has a $100 price tag and there's a $95 bid. That's when you feel like the $95 bid is a bit fishy.

Doesn't seem like the prices are really that close to the bids. Most likely the bid has been declined (or expired) and there are no new bids.

I do find it funny when a book has a $100 price tag and there's a $95 bid. That's when you feel like the $95 bid is a bit fishy.

I used to think so as well until it happened to me. I had a book listed at $110, someone made a bid of $85, and I went down to $95. However, they flat out refused my counteroffer. Since I felt silly for haggling over $10, I just lowered the price to $95. Now the listing was only $10 higher than the highest bid. Eventually someone bid $90 and I accepted.

guess i agree with you here.

except that bid on the #6 is at 90+% of the asking price. but even then, it might have been placed long ago when the seller expected to get almost 100%.

these are some sweet books. i must've really liked the Hulk because all 6 of my Original purchases are way below the average grade quality of the rest of my collection.................... frown.gif

except that bid on the #6 is at 90+% of the asking price. but even then, it might have been placed long ago when the seller expected to get almost 100%.

these are some sweet books. i must've really liked the Hulk because all 6 of my Original purchases are way below the average grade quality of the rest of my collection.................... frown.gif

Or maybe the seller lowered his asking price so that the highest canceled bid is now 90% of the total.

Right, but that 10% = $900, so maybe the seller just doesn't want to take less than a certain amount for the book. If he/she is not motivated to sell under their bottom price, then there's no reason to accept a low bid.

And who knows, if the bid is old and now expired, they could contact the bidder and the bidder would have no obligation to buy the book.

If they would occasionally incrementally lower the price, the book will keep re-appearing under the "newest CGC listings" and they might eventually sell it.

WHAT, THEY ARE 9.0'S INSTEAD OF 9.4'S? poke2.gif

The total asking price for the books is $59,450 and the bids amount to $47,400 which is roughly 80% of the asking price and a difference of . . . $12,050! Even if the seller meets each buyer half way, that would still be a loss of over $6,000. I'd hold out for more, too.

Nah, some of us just have a pathological inability to pay the seller's full asking price. crazy.gif I never buy books from Metropolis, for instance, because they won't give me even a token discount.

I never buy books from Metropolis, for instance, because they won't give me even a token discount.

I liked when they had that "bid" function online, and I'd put in bids at $1-$2 below retail, and then get an irate email telling me that full retail is the best they can do, how utterly high-grade these books are, and to stop trying to take food from their children's mouths. foreheadslap.gif

Nah, some of us just have a pathological inability to pay the seller's full asking price. crazy.gif I never buy books from Metropolis, for instance, because they won't give me even a token discount.

you couls probably call Josh and hed help work out a package deal at around 50K for all of em. But I d rather just have a very nice#1 than this run, Well, I mean sure Id love this run, but not for 50k+

you couls probably call Josh and hed help work out a package deal at around 50K for all of em. But I d rather just have a very nice#1 than this run, Well, I mean sure Id love this run, but not for 50k+

That's not me with the bids on the Hulks. gossip.gif But I agree that Josh is usually willing to work out a deal, if he has any influence on the seller.

Don't i wish!!!!!!!

they are well below the grade level of the time-comparable FF's & JIM's. i'm talking 4.0's to 5.5's here.................... frown.gif

i don't really remember liking them any more, but they sure got a workout..... grin.gif

Don't i wish!!!!!!!

they are well below the grade level of the time-comparable FF's & JIM's. i'm talking 4.0's to 5.5's here.................... frown.gif

i don't really remember liking them any more, but they sure got a workout..... grin.gif

Didn't you say you had some young nephews(?) that got into your Hulks 1-6?

confused-smiley-013.gif

Don't i wish!!!!!!!

Didn't you say you had some young nephews(?) that got into your Hulks 1-6?

confused-smiley-013.gif

i have opined in the past that they might have snuck into the old chest of drawers while i was in the service. of particular note was that my FFannual 1 went missing. my ASM annual 1 lost it's back cover (i believe). my ST Annual #2 also went missing. (#1 was saved and slabbed).

mere speculation on my part, but it's just possible that my mom let them "read" (actually too young) some of the books stored closest to the front. perhaps that's what happened to my Annuals and Hulks................ confused.gif

That's not me with the bids on the Hulks. gossip.gif But I agree that Josh is usually willing to work out a deal, if he has any influence on the seller.

I meant 'you' in the general sense... noy uou in particular. I know youre a DC guy anyway.