• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD

6 posts in this topic

Joe Kubert was a comics legend . His Golden and Silver age artwork drove the medium in the fifties and sixties and seventies. I had the pleasure of working for him in the nineties at his school and he was as gracious as he was talented .
 Offered here are some of his greatest achievements to add to your library.
“Fax “From Sarjevo" and “Yossel “are intense and intelligent observations from his life ,from the trials of his family in concentration camps to the genocides in Bosnia in 1992,there are no super heroes here. “Jew Gangster” is a gangster tale also drawn from his past while Tex is a great western saga in the Clint Eastwood mold .Joe will always be THE Hawkman artist to me and here is “Hawkman Archives #1” with most of his early silver age work on the character with a couple of Murphy Anderson,and Carmine Infantino storys thrown in .The paper book jackets on Sarajevo and Archives are a little dinged but the books and their interiors are in at least Fine + condition.Here are the stats

“Fax From Sarajavo" HC,8.5  x11 inches ,Color  (F+)

“Yossel “ HC, 7x 10.5 inches  B+W Pencils on artist stock(F+)

“Jew Gangster” 6 x 8 inches B+W(F+)

“Hawkman Archives” Vol.#1, 7 x 10.5 inches ,Color(F+)

“Tex ,The Lonesome Rider”,7x9.5 inches  SC B+W(F+)

$40 +$8 shipping Paypal/US buyers only

IMG_2139.jpg

IMG_2140.jpg

IMG_2144.jpg

IMG_2146.jpg

IMG_2141.jpg

IMG_2152.jpg

IMG_2150.jpg

IMG_2154.jpg

Edited by rrichards

38 minutes ago, rrichards said:

Joe Kubert was a comics legend . His Golden and Silver age artwork drove the medium in the fifties and sixties and seventies. I had the pleasure of working for him in the nineties at his school and he was as gracious as he was talented .
 Offered here are some of his greatest achievements to add to your library.
“Fax “From Sarjevo" and “Yossel “are intense and intelligent observations from his life ,from the trials of his family in concentration camps to the genocides in Bosnia in 1992,there are no super heroes here. “Jew Gangster” is a gangster tale also drawn from his past while Tex is a great western saga in the Clint Eastwood mold .Joe will always be THE Hawkman artist to me and here is “Hawkman Archives #1” with most of his early silver age work on the character with a couple of Murphy Anderson,and Carmine Infantino storys thrown in .The paper book jackets on Sarajevo and Archives are a little dinged but the books and their interiors are in at least Fine + condition.Here are the stats

“Fax From Sarajavo" HC,8.5  x11 inches ,Color  (F+)

“Yossel “ HC, 7x 10.5 inches  B+W Pencils on artist stock(F+)

“Jew Gangster” 6 x 8 inches B+W(F+)

“Hawkman Archives” Vol.#1, 7 x 10.5 inches ,Color(F+)

“Tex ,The Lonesome Rider”,7x9.5 inches  SC B+W(F+)

$40 +$8 shipping Paypal/US buyers only

IMG_2139.jpg

IMG_2140.jpg

IMG_2144.jpg

IMG_2146.jpg

IMG_2141.jpg

IMG_2152.jpg

IMG_2150.jpg

IMG_2154.jpg

:takeit:

7 hours ago, Park said:
8 hours ago, Jeffro. said:

I knew there was a reason I liked Park. A man with great taste (worship)

There are so many reasons to like Park.

That dude is awesome!

Don't let it go to your head, chief 

4 hours ago, Jeffro. said:
12 hours ago, Park said:
12 hours ago, Jeffro. said:

I knew there was a reason I liked Park. A man with great taste (worship)

There are so many reasons to like Park.

That dude is awesome!

Expand  

Don't let it go to your head, chief 

That giant head is one of my best features.

Edited by Park