• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic 'lost and found' stories...
1 1

45 posts in this topic

My local comic shop "Uncle Freds" is owned by a guy named Fred. I would be willing to wager he's also an Uncle.  

Anyway, he's a life time collector and as a kid he use to write his name on his comics. A few months ago someone out of NYC mailed him an early Journey Into Mystery with his name on it. 

The person who owned it must have researched the name on the cover and saw he owned a shop in Connecticut. So 50 years later he was reunited with one of his first comics.

Reposting here from BA thread - thanks to Lazyboy for the link! Most appreciated! 
At the last Berkeley Con (thanks to Marc of House of Comics, Wormboy and the support of the Brain) my intuition kicked in and I bought several books that have really escalated. Among them was a nice HG Eternals #1. Bujt danged if I can find it anywhere. I know I bought it. I clearly remember looking at that Kirby squared off art. But I just cannot find it. I may have to tear my office apart.