• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please Grade My ASM #'s 2,3,4,5 and 6

10 posts in this topic

Hello all,

It's been a while since I've posted any books for review. Now that there is a seperate thread for it I will post a few books.

I just received some books in the mail and would like some impartial opinions on them. If you choose to help, thank you thumbsup2.gif, if not, we don't need to hear useless comments!

What you need to know:

ASM #2 - Pages are OW, on the top of the right centrefold page there is the writing "Property of M.Minna 1963", the spine has a slight roll to it, and as you can tell by the scan it is miswrapped?!?!

ASM #3 - Pages are cream/OW, it would appear that there was a date penciled in beside the issue number which looks to be erased foreheadslap.gif, no other inks or missing pages.

ASM #4 - There is a large rip on back cover frustrated.gifThe Pages are OW, there is some chipping, no inks and all pages are intact.

ASM #5 - Nice glossy copy! There is a tear on the lower front cover (still attached) pages are OW

ASM #6 - Cream pages, various stress, ceases and small tears, a READ copy!

Here's the scans...

ASM2Front.jpg

ASM2Back.jpg

ASM3Front.jpg

ASM3Back.jpg

ASM4Front.jpg

ASM4Back.jpg

ASM5Front.jpg

ASM5Back.jpg

ASM6Front.jpg

ASM6Back.jpg

Once again, thanks to those who've shown interest! hail.gif

John

Not to hijack your thread, but you brought up an interesting point with your ASM 3. How does erasure of a date mark or pencil price effect the grade? I know dry erasure isn't restoration, so is it just considered damage? Personally I would rather have the pencil marks on the book, rather than just the indentations left from the pressure.

Not to hijack your thread, but you brought up an interesting point with your ASM 3. How does erasure of a date mark or pencil price effect the grade? I know dry erasure isn't restoration, so is it just considered damage? Personally I would rather have the pencil marks on the book, rather than just the indentations left from the pressure.

Well, it transforms a "handwritten date marking on cover" to a "stain". However, I don't think it will impact the grade of this book . . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

No problem at all...

I agree, I would prefer to have the pencl markings, rather the remains of them! I too would like to know how this affects the grade confused-smiley-013.gif

Great question thumbsup2.gif

Johnny,

All VN (very nice) - you should send all of these into CGC using the standard tier. You'll get them back in less than a month and greatly enhance their marketability.

grin.gif

No problem at all...

I agree, I would prefer to have the pencl markings, rather the remains of them! I too would like to know how this affects the grade confused-smiley-013.gif

Great question thumbsup2.gif

Johnny,

All VN (very nice) - you should send all of these into CGC using the standard tier. You'll get them back in less than a month and greatly enhance their marketability.

grin.gif

Thanks Diva grin.gif

I was thinking of doing just that. I do believe that CGC is the only way to go with these ones. You suggest standard? It only takes a month now? Right on...

Thanks for the input and keep it coming! hail.gif

Check out the DC SA's I put up... nice colors! thumbsup2.gif

Spider-man 2 ~ 4.0 looks like a spine roll pressed out... confused.gif

Spider-man 3 ~ 4.5 I'd be real worried about 2 and 3 since the pages are stinking out so much. tonofbricks.gif

Spider-man 4 ~ 2.5/3.0 Huge rip ruins a VGF book... sorry.gif

Spider-man 5 ~ 6.0 thumbsup2.gif

Spider-man 6 ~ 2.5/3.0 For sale? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif