• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please grade my Silver Surfer #4

24 posts in this topic

And pray tell mortal, why? 27_laughing.gif

I don't seeing anything keeping this from an 8.0 sumo.gif

PHEW!!!

I was starting to think my grading skills were way off! I would have given this one at least an 8, possibly an 8.5...

Does the King see something we don't???

I wondered the same thing. The staple mark is common on square bounds and i dont think that it detracts from the grade much.

I think 8.0 would be the baseline and a chance at a level or 2 higher.

PHEW!!!

I was starting to think my grading skills were way off! I would have given this one at least an 8, possibly an 8.5...

The King ALWAYS sees something we don't sumo.gif That's WHY he's the King! 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

PHEW!!!

The King ALWAYS sees something we don't sumo.gif That's WHY he's the King! 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

The omnipotent one with the Mandate from Heaven. hail.gif

I take back the level or 2 higher. I think this is a very strong vf, but not strong enough to get it to a vf+.

if it comes back a vf-, lmk as Ill buy it cause ittl be very undergraded. It would look really nice in a Mylar!

It does look quite nice in a Mylar! The Mylar even has velcro on the back for putting it up on my "portable wall" wink.gif

I'll send it in with the Spideys.

Diva, I've seen you post quite a few Cap's, I've got a pretty sweet 117 here... anyone want to give it a go? confused-smiley-013.gif

I don't want to go "POSTAL" and catch flak again devil.gif

Thanks all

Small color patch is missing, soiling marks spanning the width of the bottom front-cover, minor spine wear, very dirty back cover and a couple of small tears. The soiling and the color patch missing is what really put me over the edge.

Small color patch is missing,

Dead center spine? very minor.

soiling marks spanning the width of the bottom front-cover,

Actually those are printer marks, and he's lucky they're not holes - not an issue, even in 9.0 sumo.gif

minor spine wear, VERY

very dirty back cover Not an issue at all

and a couple of small tears. BC? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

The soiling and the color patch missing is what really put me over the edge.

I think i's an easy 8.5, but hey, what do I know? devil.gif

Really? Even with the surface crease to the right of Surfer's foot, on the edge to the right of that, and in the blue smoke two inches down? It's a nice book, but I wouldn't go over 7.5. confused-smiley-013.gif

Small color patch is missing, soiling marks spanning the width of the bottom front-cover, minor spine wear, very dirty back cover and a couple of small tears. The soiling and the color patch missing is what really put me over the edge.

Small color patch is missing,

Dead center spine? very minor.

soiling marks spanning the width of the bottom front-cover,

Actually those are printer marks, and he's lucky they're not holes - not an issue, even in 9.0 sumo.gif

minor spine wear, VERY

very dirty back cover Not an issue at all

and a couple of small tears. BC? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

The soiling and the color patch missing is what really put me over the edge.

Printer marks or soiling; they both have look like soiling. 27_laughing.gif Should it matter the means by how it got there...whether from printer or not? I for one don't care how it got there. I just know it's there and it looks like soiling.

And the tears I was refering to are on the top of the front cover.

And how is a dirty cover not an issue? If a book looks like it served as a floor mat then it wouldn't mater? stooges.gif I can accept your grade of 8.5, but I'll stick with my assesment of 7.0. Even so, nice book. thumbsup2.gif I still need a copy of that. cloud9.gif

Really? Even with the surface crease to the right of Surfer's foot, on the edge to the right of that, and in the blue smoke two inches down? It's a nice book, but I wouldn't go over 7.5. confused-smiley-013.gif

Good eye there OF, but I'll bet your month's comic budget 27_laughing.gif it grades 8.0 or better sumo.gif

SilverSurfer4Fs.jpg

That is, if I could get my hands on it . . .

Just to clear up the issue of tears, there are none!

Thanks for all the input...

thumbsup2.gif

What do you mean there are no tears? There is cleary two small tears above the "E" and "W" in "SPACEWAYS" at the top of the book. While they are minor, they are still tears. juggle.gif

thumbsup2.gif

What do you mean there are no tears? There is cleary two small tears above the "E" and "W" in "SPACEWAYS" at the top of the book. While they are minor, they are still tears. juggle.gif

Well I guess that this proves that scans are unreliable for grading purposes.

The top of the book has NO TEARS. It isn't creased either, the color is missing on the top of the book... again NO TEARS 893naughty-thumb.gif

thumbsup2.gif

Well I guess that this proves that scans are unreliable for grading purposes.

The top of the book has NO TEARS. It isn't creased either, the color is missing on the top of the book... again NO TEARS 893naughty-thumb.gif

27_laughing.gif, ok. I'll take your word for it. yay.gif I guess my grade would be higher then because I incorporated that there were tears in the grade I originally had.