• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A couple of sweet DC SA's up for grading...

8 posts in this topic

Hello again,

Up for your opinions are the following 2 DC SA books...

Showcase # 80: 1ST SA app Phantom Stranger. Neal Adams cover. The colors are vibrant, pages are OW/WHITE, lots of gloss on the covers...

Aquaman #37: Pages are white and there are no defects hiding from the scans

I don't have many DC books in my collection, but the ones I do are quite nice thumbsup2.gif

Thanks for looking

Aquaman37.jpg

Aquaman37B.jpg

Showcase80F.jpg

Showcase80B.jpg

thumbsup2.gif

Aquaman: 6.5

Showcase 80: 6.5....7.0 after the Wonderbread. poke2.gif

I've heard this "Wonderbread" thing posted a couple of times confused.gif

Are you serious that dirt/stains can be removed with it?

If I am just "gulable", then so be it! But what's the story with the bread???

Yep, it removes dirt just fine. If you have a white backround, use a white art eraser instead. Neither is considered restoration by CGC and most non-superanal collectors. I have used both in the past to get rid of soiling.

Yep, it removes dirt just fine. If you are removing it from a white backround, use a white art eraser. Neither is considered restoration by CGC and most non-superanal collectors. I have used both in the past to remove soiling.

So what do you do??? Take a piece of (fresh?) Wonderbread and rub it over the cover??? If you would be so kind... hail.gif

Yep, it removes dirt just fine. If you are removing it from a white backround, use a white art eraser. Neither is considered restoration by CGC and most non-superanal collectors. I have used both in the past to remove soiling.

So what do you do??? Take a piece of (fresh?) Wonderbread and rub it over the cover??? If you would be so kind... hail.gif

Yep. Carefully rub it on the cover. Just use trial and error on a few low grade books first. Use the white art eraser for white backgrounds, NOT COLOR. The eraser will remove the color along with the soiling. I only do this on a handfull of books I know I am going to be keeping. Who knows what the future trend might be in regards to this kind of thing? Personally, I don't care if I buy a book that has been dry cleaned or pressed, but some might feel differently. confused-smiley-013.gif