• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please grade this Captain America #117... LAST ONE!!!

16 posts in this topic

Give this a cleaning and you've got an 8.5 on your hands.
screwy.gif

So what is it if it isnt cleaned? 8.0? foreheadslap.gif

9.2. Again, we must argue over major defects vs. minor defects. Dirt, while being a detriment does not pull down grades like it appears you allow them to do. Maybe it is a personal preference, like me with date stamps., i dunno.While you do ahve to account for soiling, dirt, like on this issue is an almost non factor in any grade under 9.6.

Unless I missed something, this is a 9.2 any day of the week and twice on Sunday's.

What do you mean by "cleaning"???

Please enlighten me hail.gif

John

There is a trick that i have never used, but some on the boards have, where you take Wonder Bread, and lightly rub it on dirt. It is supposed to take off the dirt and nothing else.

I kinda lean towards it being restoration, although very light and unbelievably minor.

screwy.gif

So what is it if it isnt cleaned? 8.0? foreheadslap.gif

9.2. Again, we must argue over major defects vs. minor defects. Dirt, while being a detriment does not pull down grades like it appears you allow them to do. Maybe it is a personal preference, like me with date stamps., i dunno.While you do ahve to account for soiling, dirt, like on this issue is an almost non factor in any grade under 9.6.

Unless I missed something, this is a 9.2 any day of the week and twice on Sunday's.

No way that is a 9.2. I can never agree with that. There are too many spine stresses to get that high of a grade no matter how good the rest of the book looked. Of course not all 9.2 look the same but I'm gonna post my X-men #97 just to post an example of what I think a picture-perfect 9.2 looks like:

X-men97.jpg

X-men97back.jpg

You might be right KoR. I just dnt think those spine ruffles are going to bring it down outta a 9.2. Of course, when you get a 9.4 with 2 ncb crease 893whatthe.gif it changes you opinion some.

vf/nm-nm-. depends on the spine. As always, its tought to judge a book via a scan. hi.gif

John

Go down to the supermarket and buy a loaf of Wonder Bread. Remove the crust and wad it into a ball. Use this like you would an eraser and go over the cover with it. Do Not get carried away or you will rip the cover. This will remove some of the buildup that you see on the cover without removing the gloss. When your done grab some bolagna and make a sandwich with what you have left over.

John

Go down to the supermarket and buy a loaf of Wonder Bread. Remove the crust and wad it into a ball. Use this like you would an eraser and go over the cover with it. Do Not get carried away or you will rip the cover. This will remove some of the buildup that you see on the cover without removing the gloss. When your done grab some bolagna and make a sandwich with what you have left over.

I do not recommend this sumo.gif If you must, try it on your throw-aways first (if there is such a thing) insane.gif

John

I do not recommend this sumo.gif If you must, try it on your throw-aways first (if there is such a thing) insane.gif

Good Point David. Yes try it on a throw away comic first (Anything by Rob Liefeld should do) wink.gif. I've done it with limited success and found it more work then it's worth.