• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM - The Clone Wars #1
2 2

15 posts in this topic

Hard to tell from pic...is that a true scratch or could it possibly be a printing/manufacturing defect?

If its a scratch, an approximate 1-2 inch defect would immediately take this book down to between a 7.5- 8.0 imo

A printing defect would be much less impactful

Edited by Funnybooks

37 minutes ago, Funnybooks said:

Hard to tell from pic...is that a true scratch or could it possibly be a printing/manufacturing defect?

If its a scratch, an approximate 1-2 inch defect would immediately take this book down to between a 7.5- 8.0 imo

A printing defect would be much less impactful

Damn, I didn’t expect that it would impact so much the grade 😫

I hope this is a printing defect. Is there a way for me to know which one is it ?

thanks !

6 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

7.5-8.0 seems extremely low to me.

8.5-9.4 would be a reasonable range, to me, under the assumption that the rest of the book is relatively flawless.

5 minutes ago, silversurfer275 said:

I don’t know what the scratch would do but the comic looks very good outside of it so I’m gonna say 9.2-9.4

What do I know?...you get what you pay for...haha

I've had books with a 2 inch creases/defect similar to this come back at 8.0

Can you get a closer pic of the area?

3 minutes ago, Funnybooks said:

What do I know?...you get what you pay for...haha

I've had books with a 2 inch creases/defect similar to this come back at 8.0

Can you get a closer pic of the area?

My other picturees are not clearer.

but to be honest, the scratch you can see on the picture appears excatly like that on the book. It’s really small and difficult to notice if you don’t check it closely.

22 minutes ago, Jeremysitb said:

My other picturees are not clearer.

but to be honest, the scratch you can see on the picture appears excatly like that on the book. It’s really small and difficult to notice if you don’t check it closely.

That's great...I'll take a Mulligan and agree with the 9.0 range...nothing to see here...carry on...

If you have a magnifying glass, you could be able to tell if a scratch. The cover would appear like something cut into that spot. You might be able to feel a slight indentation even, as it is large. You could also check other copies. If it is a manufacturing issue, it will be seen on other people's books in all liklihood. 

If scratch, 9.0-9.2. if not, it appears to be in 9.4-9.6 range but more close ups on corners and spine would help confirm if 9.8 is possible.