• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spiderman 361. Is such a defect 9.6.
1 1

6 posts in this topic

If CGC determined that happened during manufacturing, it's possible it's a 9.6

It's also possible the comic got dropped or shaken hard in the case. 

The seller points out the defect, but didn't indicate the cause.

Personally, it's a common and affordable enough book that I would look for a nicer copy.

It looks production related. It's definitely a miswrap but the paper at the bottom of the front right corner looks like paper at the end of a roll was used. You see this kind of thing a lot with Charlton comics. 
However, there is also what appears to be a tear. At least it looks like a tear. That's concerning.

I wouldn't go anywhere near any comic graded 9.6 that looks as crappy as this one does. 

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by Jeffro.

3 hours ago, KCOComics said:

If CGC determined that happened during manufacturing, it's possible it's a 9.6

It's also possible the comic got dropped or shaken hard in the case. 

The seller points out the defect, but didn't indicate the cause.

Personally, it's a common and affordable enough book that I would look for a nicer copy.

i agree with this.

Ultra common book and if you are looking for a copy there are many others to choose. I think the manufacturing defect makes it look ugly for the money, but if I found it in the wild I might try to buy it for the unique quality if I could get it cheap enough.

100% production related. Because it is noticeable and you can kinda see a miswrap starting as the back cover peeks around near that bottom staple, CGC gave it 9.6. My understanding is that very minor production flaws can still allow a book to 9.6. From there and depending on the severity, they start to lower this. 

Some people are picky and want that nicely centered book, which I get. This is why you gotta really look at slabs and not just buy the grade. If you are picky about the way it looks, take some time to look at it and don't just assume it is your version of a 9.6 :)