• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone Tried Comic Pro Line Supplies?

3 posts in this topic

I have used them, and I like them.  The bags do look and feel very similar to Mylar, but I don't know enough about the material (oriented polypropylene) to determine if it really is as good as Mylar for storage.  (I'm guessing they're not, because Mylar is heads and shoulders above everything else, but these seem as close as you can get for the price.)  However, I have noticed no wrinkling or changes to the bags at all over a period of about six months, even with IDW or Avatar comics.  :whistle:

They may have recently switched factories or something, though, because the bags I ordered last year were perfect, but the ones I ordered in January were delayed a couple months, and they have some manufacturing issues.  There are a lot of "burrs" on the sides of the bags/welds that I have to remove by hand, and a lot of stray little bits (burrs that have fallen off) spread throughout the bags they come in.  They're more of an annoyance than anything, and I haven't found any inside the bags, themselves, where the comics go.

They do seem to be much better than standard polypropylene bags, so unless I find that they are somehow damaging to comics, I plan to use them for the bulk of my collection (i.e., everything I don't deem worthy of an actual Mylar bag.)

Their backing boards appear to be pretty standard, so I haven't tried them.  I'm in the process of replacing all my backing boards with E Gerber Half-Backs, and I don't foresee buying anything else going forward.

Customer service there can be a bit slow to respond, but they're very friendly and helpful when they get back to you.

Has anybody else tried them, or do you have any experience or knowledge of oriented polypropylene (OPP)?