• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fantastic Four Pedigrees by Issue

33 posts in this topic

FF pedigree issues:

Pacific Coast

FF12 9.0

FF33 9.6

FF36 9.6

FF51 9.6

FF55 9,6

Massachusetts

FF14 9.0

FF79 unencapsulated

Northland

FF13 8.5Q

FF21 unencapsulated

FF77 9.4

Annual 2 9.2

FF21 unencapsulated

Did you send the label back in? Basically I want to know if it's in the census or not.

Thanks,

Steve

No, by "unencapsulated" I mean "raw" copies that have never been slabbed. There are still an awful lot of such books for many of the collections.

I saw a whole bunch of the (edit:)Massachusetts copies from the early issues (like 7-up through the 30s) and every single one of the mothers was like 9.2/9.4/9.6/9.8 with super high page quality!

893censored-thumb.gif

I own the 20! hi.gifcloud9.gif

I saw a whole bunch of the Boston copies from the early issues (like 7-up through the 30s) and every single one of the mothers was like 9.4/9.6/9.8 with super high page quality!

893censored-thumb.gif

I own the 20! hi.gifcloud9.gif

FF 7 is from 1962, and FF 20 is from 1963. I didn't think the Boston pedigree started this early. If there are indeed issues from this early and in such high grade, this would cause a radical rethink as to whether Boston is a first-tier SA pedigree or not.

Scan of the 20:

Basicly it's a white page 9.4 (two stress marks on spine) but for some pre-Marvel chipping.

My best CGC guess is:

8.0 on a bad day

9.0 if I slip Newt a $20. poke2.gifgrin.gif

931919-FF20Massachusetts.jpg

931919-FF20Massachusetts.jpg.71ca94c20cba433089867d20e2e12813.jpg

Tim: I was offerred the WP FF run in about 1990 + or - a year or so for the ungodly sum of I believe 4K. But since I am mainly a DC collector, in my ultimate wisdom I passed.

If memory serves me right the run was sold to a collector as was the ASM run.

I am pretty sure that VIA purchased the TOS minus 39,40,41, TTA, and ST runs from a major east coast dealer.

Of course this was before the Western Penn name was associated with the books, thank VIA for that.

Tom