• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Star Wars: High Republic & Adventures
3 3

187 posts in this topic

On 5/27/2022 at 5:57 PM, kimik said:

Looks like they announced a new animated series for the HR focused on Yoda and the Younglings. :flipbait:

https://www.starwars.com/news/swca-2022-young-jedi-adventures

That’s interesting… I hope they do more adult oriented material as well.  I could see kids enjoying the series mentioned above…

On 5/27/2022 at 6:57 PM, kimik said:

Looks like they announced a new animated series for the HR focused on Yoda and the Younglings. :flipbait:

https://www.starwars.com/news/swca-2022-young-jedi-adventures

Got to hook them young on this new era lol 

On 5/27/2022 at 8:41 AM, CheeseFrog said:

SWHRA annual 1 will go through the roof in phase II. 

I just couldn't get into reading this high republic stuff, although I pick them up for spec purposes. Can you elaborate on why it's an important character there. 

On 6/7/2022 at 1:12 AM, Lpgk said:

I just couldn't get into reading this high republic stuff, although I pick them up for spec purposes. Can you elaborate on why it's an important character there. 

Several major first appearances in that book, the most notable being Porter Engle.  The variant cover of this book also has him on the cover.

At this years SW Celebration they revealed an upcoming comic series solely based on his past.  Written by either Scott or Soule- I don’t recall. That character is supposed to be a major player in phase II. 

Wow. Has it really been a month since the last post here?

HR and HR Advs prices are holding well so far. Things should get more interesting again when the new series launch in the fall.

Edited by kimik

On 7/4/2022 at 6:28 PM, kimik said:

Wow. Has it really been a month since the last post here?

HR and HR Advs prices are holding well so far. Things should get more interesting again when the new series launch in the fall.

Lol it lasted way longer than the Invincible thread, for some odd reason. I cant believe I'm kinda comparing it to star wars lol

doh!

Fact remains though haha

Now is still a good time to lock in copies if you do not have them, IMHO. The play is being telegraphed nicely. Novels, comics, D+ show(s), a video game, and eventually movies.

I am curious to see how high the orders are for the Vol 2 HR and HRA later this year. They should be higher than for Vol 1 since it is not a surprise any longer, but who knows whether the economy and higher rates will dampen things. 

On 7/4/2022 at 6:49 PM, kimik said:

Now is still a good time to lock in copies if you do not have them, IMHO. The play is being telegraphed nicely. Novels, comics, D+ show(s), a video game, and eventually movies.

I am curious to see how high the orders are for the Vol 2 HR and HRA later this year. They should be higher than for Vol 1 since it is not a surprise any longer, but who knows whether the economy and higher rates will dampen things. 

I anticipate Phase II to be printed to the moon.

From what I’ve seen, now is a great time to buy.  Especially angling at characters that would/could be alive in the phase II timeline…

SWHRA 6, 8, Annual 1, Bake-off.

SWHRA Monster 1

SWHR 1, 3, 4, 7

EYE 2

WOTBH Jabba 1

SWADV 6B,14B

My money is on SWHRA Monster 1 to be a huge book down the road.  

Edited by CheeseFrog

On 7/5/2022 at 1:37 PM, 500Club said:

Why?

I like Eye 1.  Ro’s elders figure to be players in phase II.

IIRC, 1st appearance of the Nameless/Leveler 

I think they will get more of a backstory in phase II as well.

On 7/5/2022 at 12:04 PM, awakeintheashes said:

IIRC, 1st appearance of the Nameless/Leveler 

I think they will get more of a backstory in phase II as well.

It’s actually in Trail of Shadows 5.  The 1:25 is a first cover, too.

It then appears as a hallucination in HR 15, and then they visit the planet of the Nameless in EotS 2.

’Leveler’ is just a description that Ro uses for the one Nameless he has and uses against the Jedi.

Confusing as hell, but ultimately I think the market will identify ToS properly. 2c

What’s the deal with SWadv 6B?

On 7/5/2022 at 2:18 PM, 500Club said:

It then appears as a hallucination in HR 15, and then they visit the planet of the Nameless in EotS 2.

’Leveler’ is just a description that Ro uses for the one Nameless he has and uses against the Jedi.

Confusing as hell, but ultimately I think the market will identify ToS properly. 2c

What’s the deal with SWadv 6B?

It's been a while since I read the issues, but that sounds like the right series of events.

SW Adventures #6 (Cover B) is the first appearance of Mari San Tekka (on the cover in the tube thing)

Edited by awakeintheashes

Good call on the Ro elders- so many key issues in these series it’s easy to overlook!

First leveler was my intent with the EYE 2 call out.  From what I gather that’s where folks are currently sitting for first leveler.  You’re right it is confusing so I wouldn’t be surprised if that shifts.

Best to just have everything I suppose :) 

On 7/5/2022 at 12:18 PM, 500Club said:

The play is to own them all and hope the market treats it like other 1st apps now - 1st cameo, 2nd cameo, and 1st cover + 1st full appearance. Sell all for a tidy premium and roll the money into the new series. 

On 7/4/2022 at 10:22 PM, CheeseFrog said:

From what I’ve seen, now is a great time to buy.  Especially angling at characters that would/could be alive in the phase II timeline…

SWHRA Monster 1

SWHR 1, 3, 4, 7

EYE 2

WOTBH Jabba 1

SWADV 6B,14B

We will see how high it will be printed. If you had told me that HR 1 1st print would be less than 250K I would have laughed at you before FOC on it. I thought it should hit that or more, and it was not even close. 

Nice list of keys. It is interesting to see how Marvel is starting to work the HR characters into the other SW books now with covers and likely more story ties to follow. Hopefully there are more new concepts in the second volumes of HR and HRA as well. Expand it like crazy so there are more options for D+ and then eventually movies. 

On 7/4/2022 at 9:22 PM, CheeseFrog said:

SWHRA Monster 1

SWHR 1, 3, 4, 7

EYE 2

WOTBH Jabba 1

SWADV 6B,14B

Monsters 1 :wishluck: with Ty Yorrick animated kids show.

WOTBH Jabba 1 Lompop spans from HR era to at least ESB/SOTE and maybe beyond.  

What’s interesting about Ty is I’m not 100% certain that lifespans for Tholothians has been worked out, other than they live for a long time and retain a youthful visage…

That being the reason I included her first in my list for characters that may be relevant to phase II.

May be a bit of a reach, but I’m hoping she shows up.  I think that book has so much potential… no variants (I think), first cover, first full, and a very cool and unique addition to their roster.