• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Screening service - Billing

3 posts in this topic

Hey,

I wanted to submit some of my new modern books for grading. To be honest, the book are new and NM/M. However, the front covers are a bit wavy (due to manufacturing) and I don't know if it will impact the grade.

Thus, I thought that I will add a Press screening to see if they would benefit or not from this service. 

I am just wandering how this is going to be billed to me ?

If the books can benefit from pressing, then CGC will bill both screening and pressing services ? Or will they bill only the pressing service ?

In addition, if the books cannot benefit from pressing, will CGC bill only the screening service ?

Thank you for your help with this !

• Administrator

Good morning,

Thanks for your message.  You can check our website here for some before and after pictures showing what pressing service can do. CCS Pressing | CGC (cgccomics.com)

If you would like to have your book screened beforehand, we can do that.  The screening cost is a $10 or 1% of the declared value, whichever is greater.  You would only be charged initially for the screening and then if the books passed the screening and moved to CCS for pressing, then you would be charged the pressing fees at that time.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.  Thank you!

20 hours ago, Jennifer F. said:

Good morning,

Thanks for your message.  You can check our website here for some before and after pictures showing what pressing service can do. CCS Pressing | CGC (cgccomics.com)

If you would like to have your book screened beforehand, we can do that.  The screening cost is a $10 or 1% of the declared value, whichever is greater.  You would only be charged initially for the screening and then if the books passed the screening and moved to CCS for pressing, then you would be charged the pressing fees at that time.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.  Thank you!

Thank you for your answer :)