• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Submitted two comics, got one back.

6 posts in this topic

I sent in two comics through my local comic store.  They let me know one of them was back today.  I asked about the other one and they mentioned it was still processing.  They said this happens occasionally.  This is only my 3rd submission ever and I find this scenario kind of worrisome.  Is this is a common occurrence or should I be having the store escalate this?

13 hours ago, Hello Boils and Ghouls said:

Were the comics submitted under different tiers? Did one get pressed and the other not? These would be two reasons.

Both were same tiers as far as I was aware.   (Magazine with similar values).  No Pressing.  

Edited by kraftcheesy

• Administrator

Hello, thanks for your message.  The turnaround times will vary depending on the tier and service you selected.  Some tiers have a much longer turnaround time than others and some services, such as pressing, will add a significant amount of time to your total turnaround time.  If you would like to provide your submission number, I can review your submissions.  

Thanks!

6 hours ago, Jennifer F. said:

Hello, thanks for your message.  The turnaround times will vary depending on the tier and service you selected.  Some tiers have a much longer turnaround time than others and some services, such as pressing, will add a significant amount of time to your total turnaround time.  If you would like to provide your submission number, I can review your submissions.  

Thanks!

Thanks for the offer but I found out what was going on.  Apparently two customers (myself being one of them) submitted the same comic in almost identical grade one month apart.  They called me on accident thinking it was mine but it ended up being another customers comic.  This is why your website still showed my comic as processing, not graded.  Crisis averted.  It looks like I have about another month to wait. 

In a nice coincidence my 2nd submission with a few Modern keys that was submitted ~ 2 weeks afterwards was delivered by UPS while I was there.  So I still walked out with some graded comics.

On 1/25/2021 at 4:45 PM, joeypost said:

This is nothing but my opinion...but it is always best to submit directly, even if it costs a little more money.

This 💯 the more parties involved in the submission process the more the chances of damage and mistakes occurring increases. 

an acquaintance of mine submitted a book through his LCS he swears the book he received back was not his, that either someone else submitted the same book and they got swapped accidentally at some point or that it was done purposely. He’s probably paranoid but why even bother