• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another jack bag scammer. Action 1
1 1

12 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Black Bat said:

WTF? How do they get away with this?

eBay doesn't care. At all. I've reported numerous seller's for outright fraud and they've never done a single thing to any of them. Years ago there was a guy selling obviously fake "original art" by various artists from all walks of life and all time periods......but were all hilariously done on the same fake tea-bag aged paper. Like Chris Claremont, Bob Kane, Picasso, and Andy Warhol all coincidentally used the same paper and this one guy coincidentally had all of them

Amazing. I wonder how long it takes Ebay to investigate and remove a listing? Have they ever removed any listing?

I finally received a reply from Tzu, the guy selling “replica” comics. The one who says something like: don’t see the book that you want? Ask and I’ll get it for you.  I asked him a number of times what is to prevent a less ethical seller from selling his books as the real thing? He finally answered me with:

The Replicas are printed on a glossy standard white printing paper not newsprint as were the original comics.”

I’ve told Marvel that people are selling AF 15, X-men 94, etc on EBay and that’s been almost a year ago.

I think that that Action 1 seller is indeed being ethical, in copping that it's a reprint.  Posting in tiny font is like calling attention to it. He just has a case of decimalpointitis; it needs to be moved several spaces to the left.  :wink:

AFA reprinted books, I've bought a few crime and horror books that I either can't find the originals of, or the price is too damn high.  There's no confusing them with originals; they don't use newspaper type stock for the interior pages.

Action Comics Superman Issue Number 1.

This is in mint condition, never been opened or torn. Completely perfect, no damages. 
Official real Action Comics #1. First ever Superman Comic. 
Includes Certificate of Authentication from DC Comics. I will handle shipping. 
Online, through multiple sources, this comic is worth up to 3 million dollars. 

I recieved this from Loot Crate as a reprint, but it is 100% authentic, proved by real Certifcate of Authentication. 

The certificate clearly confirms the comic as an authentic reprint, not an original. Add in the fact that he is asking $20k for a comic he claims is worth up to 3 million dollars...this is almost as bad as the Nigerian Prince scam.

c75e05311e4b2b63a8cbbb046e90be90.jpg