• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SW: The High Republic
2 2

7 posts in this topic

Hey everyone,

I am going to submit 4 copies of SW: The High Republic #1.

From my point of view, the 4 books have a (high) potential for a 9.8. My only concern is that the covers are a bit wavy (due to manufacturing I believe).

My question is : do you think it will prevent me to get a 9.8 ? Or should I press them ? I would rather save some money that spending it on press or screening.

I have tried to take pictures of the waviness of the covers, but it was quite difficult xD

I’ll let you judge.

Thanks for you help !

C2D0CF3D-E960-4159-8A6A-BD08E4F534E3.jpeg

CBF8C21C-BAAD-4A84-909A-00C744FA6270.jpeg

57D934C7-6ED8-46B0-B212-EA4E7607D08A.jpeg

To press, or not to press...

That wavy look is a production/shipping issue and shouldn't affect the grade, IMO.  I've had books grade a 9.8 as well with that look.  I don't know if pressing is worth the cost.  I'm not seeing much out there for value...they may not be worth the expense for pressing.   Or grading for that matter.  It depends on whether you think it's worth the effort.  Good luck!! (thumbsu