• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

First time shipping!

14 posts in this topic

These are going to be VERY basic n00b questions, and I'm sure there is a pinned thread or link that I am just completely missing, but... I just did two SS event submissions, and these will be my first CGC submissions ever, and I had a couple of questions about shipping, to make sure I get everything 100% on my end.

1. Where do I ship these to? There was no label or address with my packing slips, other than my own.

2. What shipping company/service is recommended?

3. Do I need to write anything special on the package for signature events?

And finally, I think I know the answer already, but let's see if I can save some dollars: 4. If I am sending in for two different signings, can I use the same package?

On 1/26/2021 at 5:10 PM, kvn MRRS said:

These are going to be VERY basic n00b questions, and I'm sure there is a pinned thread or link that I am just completely missing, but... I just did two SS event submissions, and these will be my first CGC submissions ever, and I had a couple of questions about shipping, to make sure I get everything 100% on my end.

1. Where do I ship these to? There was no label or address with my packing slips, other than my own.

And finally, I think I know the answer already, but let's see if I can save some dollars: 4. If I am sending in for two different signings, can I use the same package?

1.  See https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/8272/mailing-submissions-to-cgc-headquarters/

2. See https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/8324/shipping-collectibles-cgc/

3. Go to the event at https://www.cgccomics.com/submit/events/ and click on the specific event.  There is a section on Submission instruction

4.  I don't think so but you could post a question in the forum Ask CGC to be sure.

6 minutes ago, kvn MRRS said:

I saw the video on packing. But what if I am just sending one comic at a time? Is a Gemini ok to use?

FWIW, I would offer that it depends on the value of your comic pre/post grading. It is always best to ship in the most protective way possible that works with your budget. Those mailers are good but damage can still occur quite easily. If the comic is more on the valuable end, consider placing the mailer within say a Priority box for additional protection - but wrap the mailer in bubble wrap so it doesn't move within the box.

On 1/29/2021 at 11:59 AM, kvn MRRS said:

I saw the video on packing. But what if I am just sending one comic at a time? Is a Gemini ok to use?

If the book isn't incredibly high value I've had success with Gemini mailers. I use the same packing premise though, layers: cardboard slightly larger than the book, bagged/boarded book taped to cardboard with painters tape, another piece of cardboard, tape it closed with painters tape, then place in the Gemini mailer.

On 1/26/2021 at 4:10 PM, kvn MRRS said:

3 hours ago, William-James88 said:

You  can send comics for a bunch of different signings in the same package. They are all going to the same address.

And I shipped my comics in a typical brown box using USPS. Came back 9.8. 

i know if A CGC person doesn't witness the signing take place you get a green label . it says "someone wrote on this book in marker" so if you wanted to sell it it actually hurts the value of the book. if its to preserve it for you , go get after it

On 1/31/2021 at 12:08 AM, Mkylep said:

if its to preserve it for you , go get after it

I disagree, if it's to preserve it, you're better off using archival bags and boards (like Mylars).

CGC is a third party grader so their purpose is really to help with the sale of pricier books so that the grade is less debated between buyer and seller in a higher stakes comic transaction (either higher in terms of grade or price). 

I've watched the video instruction on packing foe submission however I can't digure out if EACH raw comics box has its own submission list or if the whole order (multiple raw boxes inside) is on one list?

Help?

John G

On 1/31/2021 at 12:08 AM, Mkylep said:

i know if A CGC person doesn't witness the signing take place you get a green label . it says "someone wrote on this book in marker" so if you wanted to sell it it actually hurts the value of the book. if its to preserve it for you , go get after it

? It's a CGC signing.

On 2/1/2021 at 7:47 PM, Gatta said:

I've watched the video instruction on packing foe submission however I can't digure out if EACH raw comics box has its own submission list or if the whole order (multiple raw boxes inside) is on one list?

Help?

John G

at this point, you are much better off contacting CGC, they have people available to answer these specific questions for you.

John G: If all your books are the same tier on the same submission/invoice, one packing list is fine.

If you have multiple tiers or submissions in one package, you would want one packing list for each tier or submission/invoice. 

Edited by Fisionbomb
Failed to quote post I was replying to. Added name John G.