• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Not charging until grading now, saw in the email.
1 1

61 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, Yeahiwasder4dat said:

I'm glad about sports cards though. They were worthless for so long. My brother was born early 80s so all his cards were trash and me in the early 90s all my cards are worth zilch. I don't really collect newer stuff I but I did get a Luzardo 1/5 auto from some topps chrome stadium. Was nice to pull something worth a few hundred. You have Trout selling for insane amounts, Roberts is a hot item. Sports needed that #s.

I'm more into Mantle as it's all my father talked about when I was a kid. When he passed a few years ago it gave me a much more sentimental attachment to some of the greats like Musial, Aaron, Mays, Mantle. A lifeline to those memories I began to understand why people are so attached to some cards and willing to pay small fortunes if they have it.

I haven't seen pokemon in a store since after Thanksgiving. Either you go to the same stores as me or that's what it looks like nation wide because you just described it perfectly. Hockey cards, wwe and mtg out the butt. Absolutely nothing on pokemon cards. Like the vendor hasn't been to any store near me in over 2 months.

Yeah the sports card phenomenon going on right now is crazy. Makes me want to try to hunt down some cards once the pandemic is over since there is probably tons of valuable cards out there and people dont know what they are worth. The returns seem even better than Pokemon so its something Id like to learn more about in the future. My dad says hes got some old cards that Im going to check out once I visit him like a Michael Jordon Baseball card. Not sure if hes got anything of value but maybe based on the condition it might be. And yeah, for the longest time sports cards were junk. This whole grading thing has made them so expensive.

And yep, all stores are all sold out. Christmas time there was some stuff but now there is nothing at most stores. The people who do their card stocking (MJ holdings) probably cant get any cards. I go through distributors so Ill be getting shining fates and battle styles, but just mind blowing how Vivid Voltage is nowhere to be found. If I open a few packs Ill send some stuff in as bulk but most of it I just sell sealed. I used to do mass box openings but the price of sealed product is so high now that Id rather not spend days sorting cards and will just put a shipping label on a case and send it to someone else. Then Ill just use those profits to make money off the older stuff since all these new stuff will tank at some point. At some point the market will be flooded with these Sword and Shield sets since they arent out of print and they still have at least 1-2 years worth of standard legality meaning that the pokemon company isnt going to stop printing them.