• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can a press fix this?
2 2

7 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, littledoom said:

Those crease lines will still be there but not as noticeable. the surrounding area will be flat. it's a good idea to press especially if getting a high grade is your encapsulation goal (I don't think it will grade above 9.2 with those creases tho)

(thumbsu

4 hours ago, littledoom said:

Those crease lines will still be there but not as noticeable. the surrounding area will be flat. it's a good idea to press especially if getting a high grade is your encapsulation goal (I don't think it will grade above 9.2 with those creases tho)

A follow-up question; what exactly causes that particular crease? I seem to have a lot.  Well, not me, well , maybe me, but you know what I mean. I hope.

5 hours ago, Spawnfreak said:

A follow-up question; what exactly causes that particular crease? I seem to have a lot.  Well, not me, well , maybe me, but you know what I mean. I hope.

those probably came from being mishandled- being forced by someone into and out of a fully packed tight longbox. perhaps shoving into the box.. I dont think it was a very valuable comic until last year

If it helps, I've had a few white/light cover comics pressed and then graded through CGC. This one in particular looked very similar to yours and I was pleasantly surprised at the outcome. I went with pressing, not quick pressing FWIW.

IMG_3394.JPG

16 hours ago, IbukiLord said:

I've never had a booked pressed before and looking at selling this book to fund more submissions, I only got it for a dollar but I see high grades of this can fetch a very good price.

OCE72zH.jpg

aCUxgpz.jpg

They can be greatly reduced to the point where you have to look for them, if the one doing the work knows what they are doing.