• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM HULK #181
2 2

11 posts in this topic

Hi, hoping to get y'alls thoughts on this. I'm about to buy this book and thought it may be a good candidate for a crack, press and bump. Notice the very clear crease on the bottom left hand corner of the book, it's kind of diagonal towards the corner. Here's the thing tho, I bought the graders notes and it says;

"light spine stress lines breaks color  very small, multiple finger crease right center of front cover breaks color"

Nothing about the crease. It also has what appears to be a very small tear on the very bottom right hand corner. So my question to you all is, even with that crease pressed out, is this even a 9.6 candidate? Not sure, please help! Thank you!

image0.jpeg

Edited by Jody P

The crease could have happened after it was slabbed. What does the back cover look like? It would be nice to see closeups of the color breaks. 

Based on experience, two or three defects that break color will keep it out of 9.6 range. 

hey all, this is the only photo i have but will send more once i receive it. personally i cannot see any color breaks at all from the photo but obviously that doesn't mean they're not there. my main concern is what appears as a tiny tear on the bottom right corner and if that would preclude it from getting a 9.6.