• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Submitting raw book already signed for SS event.
1 1

2 posts in this topic

Hello CGC,

I want to submit 4 TMNT books for the upcoming Kevin Eastman signing & remarque.  The books already have signatures on them from SDCC 2019 but were not certified.  I understand clearly that I cannot get the current books certified "as is". 

I want the books to have a clean yellow label (not green/yellow) and I'm not so concerned with the grade.  I know I can send it and request for it to be graded blue label and the signature to be considered as a defect.  Can I do the same thing for the SS event and have the existing signature as a defect?  Then have Eastman do a sig & remarque somewhere else on the book?  Or color over the existing signature with black ink?

So my current preference of labels is:

1.  Yellow SS label with the existing signatures considered as defects for grading.

2.  Standard blue label with the existing signatures considered as defects for grading.

3.  Yellow/green label with existing signatures not considered as defects for grading.

TMNT1F.jpg

• Administrator

Good morning,

If you have an unwitnessed signature on your book and you send it for one of our private signings, the only option would be the green/yellow label.  It would not be able to receive just a regular signature series label in this case.

Thank you,