• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Book sold with disclosed pressing sells for ABOVE GPA average!!!

57 posts in this topic

I would imagine that anyone seeing the professionally pressed note that was unaware of the "pressing controversy" would probably dismiss it as they could see that it was still a blue label book, THUS stating that it was unrestored, in the eyes of CGC at least. yeahok.gif

I would imagine that anyone seeing the professionally pressed note that was unaware of the "pressing controversy" would probably dismiss it as they could see that it was still a blue label book, THUS stating that it was unrestored, in the eyes of CGC at least. yeahok.gif

I know for a fact that Bill Hughes and Crazy Ed are both well aware of what professional pressing is, as is Samurai Bill (who I believe is BILL43 from our own CGC message boards) and Jeffreykli. Those were four of the five high bidders.

I know for a fact that Bill Hughes and Crazy Ed are both well aware of what professional pressing is, as is Samurai Bill (who I believe is BILL43 from our own CGC message boards) and Jeffreykli. Those were four of the five high bidders.

Yeah, I guess you are right. Apparently they just don't care. They are certainly not alone. yeahok.gif

Having 4 legit buyers on an auction bid history is a record in and of itself tongue.gif

Having 4 legit buyers on an auction bid history is a record in and of itself tongue.gif

sign-funnypost.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Of course, the buyer is a dealer who might not be planning to make a similar disclosure when he sells it on.

Forgot to address this point -- Tim, what difference does it make? Disclosure of pressing didn't hurt this book at all. It sold for more than all of the other copies in the last three years that didn't have disclosed pressing. The point is, IT IS SAFE TO DISCLOSE PRESSING NOW, SELLERS!!!!

Brilliant! thumbsup2.gif Now we're thinking out of the box! Bring pressing out of the alleyways! Huzzah!

This post is proof that there is a God and that he loves me. Thank you Jesus. And God. cloud9.gif

And while I've got your ear, please kill Tim, for he is denser than Iridium. makepoint.gif

I'm pretty sure he insulted someone there but, he use word big me no understand.

confused.gif

Of course, the buyer is a dealer who might not be planning to make a similar disclosure when he sells it on.

Forgot to address this point -- Tim, what difference does it make? Disclosure of pressing didn't hurt this book at all. It sold for more than all of the other copies in the last three years that didn't have disclosed pressing. The point is, IT IS SAFE TO DISCLOSE PRESSING NOW, SELLERS!!!!

Brilliant! thumbsup2.gif Now we're thinking out of the box! Bring pressing out of the alleyways! Huzzah!

This post is proof that there is a God and that he loves me. Thank you Jesus. And God. cloud9.gif

And while I've got your ear, please kill Tim, for he is denser than Iridium. makepoint.gif

I'm pretty sure he insulted someone there but, he use word big me no understand.

confused.gif

It's King of Obscure references, Dennis Miller-esque smile.gif

I bet those bids aren't real. Scott probably arranged for them to bid, won't require payment and will just suck up on the ebay fee simply to prove his point.

screwy.gif

Hey!! I take offense at that! sumo.gif If I won the book for my bid of $80, it would have become part of my collection. Pressing doesn't really bother me.

Hi Mark, did you ever smoke that cigar? flowerred.gif

I bet those bids aren't real. Scott probably arranged for them to bid, won't require payment and will just suck up on the ebay fee simply to prove his point.

screwy.gif

Hey!! I take offense at that! sumo.gif If I won the book for my bid of $80, it would have become part of my collection. Pressing doesn't really bother me.

Ok, ok, I stand corrected. Most of the bids were rigged by Scott.

I did. It was sweet!!! Thanks again for your generousity! Next one is on me when you come out East. hi.gif

Whoops, sorry, I thought Samurai Bill was Bill Hughes, but that's Jabba-Bill. So it was Crazy Ed and Bill43. And I can't implicate Bill43 in conspiracy theories because he's a fellow Liverpool supporter. Which makes Seamus the shooter on the grassy knoll as far as I'm concerned. poke2.gif

screwy.gif

Just settle down there Pottery Barn Boy. hi.gif

Sounds like a Battle of the Pacific shaping up as far as I can see......

See you guys after I get back from Johnny Unitas Town.....I'll be taken pictures, and will file my report on Monday. I'm sure the buzz at the convention will be all about Scott's press-ious sale. Nice looking book there Regulator Boy!

BTW....who did the pressing? And was it in any way, cost effective?

Red

Kudos to Scott for bringing the taboo subject of pressing out into the public arena, and reaping the dividends for his efforts.

I'm sure he'll castigate me for saying this, but I genuinely think that such action will open the floodgates, precipitating a new era when all the high rollers in Comicdom will declare whether their high end CGC blue books have been pressed. In big, bold letters, so that no-one'll miss it.

tongue.gifwink.gifsmirk.gif

i can't tell who is being serious and who isn't.

so, i'll just wade in.

are we really thinking that this one sale is going to change anything? one sale, with one line buried in the middle of the description? a rather stale description, i might add.

the smart call would be to assume everyone is being just a mite facetious, but i can't tell with all the lawyers around

are we really thinking that this one sale is going to change anything? one sale, with one line buried in the middle of the description?

This one completed FFB auction is the critical juncture in time in which future generations of comic connossieurs will look back and point to with reverence, as "the shining example" by which all future pressed auctions should emulate. hail.gif

a rather stale description, i might add.

Ouch! We're not all born with Shakespearian talents, Sal sumo.gif

the smart call would be to assume everyone is being just a mite facetious, but i can't tell with all the lawyers around

893scratchchin-thumb.gif