• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TMNT Comics Or Magazines?

11 posts in this topic

Yes, they should be submitted as magazines for grading.

TMNT #1 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 6th print

TMNT #2 1st and 2nd print

TMNT #3 1st Print

TMNT #4 1st Print

Raphael 1st print

Fugitoid

All fall under "magazine" designation.

As a big fan of TMNT myself, I'd like to chime in and give my two cents, albeit a bit late. From my understanding, the original TMNT comics were typically submitted to CGC as comics rather than magazines, although there could be exceptions depending on the specific issue or edition. It's worth noting that there are also some great literary magazines out there that feature comic or graphic novel content. So, that's something to keep in mind if you're interested in exploring the genre further. Regardless, I hope this helps, and happy collecting!

Edited by AizekDon

On 4/25/2023 at 8:25 PM, AizekDon said:

Apologies for the necro, but as a big fan of TMNT myself, I’d like to chime in and give my two cents. From my understanding, the original TMNT comics were typically submitted to CGC as comics rather than magazines, although there could be exceptions depending on the specific issue or edition.

I'm not sure this is really open to interpretation. The magazine size books are submitted under the magazine tier. The comic size books are submitted under the comics tiers.

yeah i submitted mines as a comic and they were nice enough to change the service and update the new charges instead of sending it to me back. However it has been in the Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging since January 2023 =(