• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Covid in Comic Storyline
1 1

11 posts in this topic

Has there been any major book likes which have started incorporating the Covid-19 pandemic within the Comic Book story lines?  I saw that Marvel was producing a comic called "The Vitals: True Nurse Stories"  but that has been about it.  I am kind of surprised with how major of an impact this has had on society that I have not seen more references of this in comic books, which typically is a pop culture snapshot of the time.  Anyone have other examples, besides the Back the ComeBack logo which diamond has used which does a good job of reflecting our current events?

You would’ve thought so by now, though it might seem somewhat exploitative.

While looking through Amazon Prime I saw a drama about an extremely lethal superstrain set a few years from now; Songbird.

Questionable taste in the middle of a pandemic.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 2/7/2021 at 7:04 AM, dzbad said:

Has there been any major book likes which have started incorporating the Covid-19 pandemic within the Comic Book story lines?  I saw that Marvel was producing a comic called "The Vitals: True Nurse Stories"  but that has been about it.  I am kind of surprised with how major of an impact this has had on society that I have not seen more references of this in comic books, which typically is a pop culture snapshot of the time.  Anyone have other examples, besides the Back the ComeBack logo which diamond has used which does a good job of reflecting our current events?

it was mentioned in a Law & Order episode back in 2003 :whistle:

A mate thought it appropriate to give me a copy of Batman: Europa to read while in lockdown. Aaaand it felt kinda weird watching the first episode or two of The Stand on Amazon Prime  But those lols aside, I’ve not got anything of value to contribute to this thread. 

The only other infection panic that I recall, depicted from the 80s Copper Age onwards in comics, was AIDS / HIV.

From memory, so correct me if it’s flawed, one member of The New Guardians, Shadowhawk, and a baby featured in Northstar’s ‘coming out’ issue of Alpha Flight were all diagnosed HIV positive. More vaguely, Karen Page in Daredevil, and, even more vaguely, a protege of Green Arrow in the Kevin Smith / Brad Meltzer era book.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 2/9/2021 at 9:29 AM, BigLeagueCHEW said:

it was mentioned in a Law & Order episode back in 2003 :whistle:

Which episode I can go back and watch me some old L&O.  Cops breaking the laws and lawyers covering for them to get the job done.