• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Universe Trading Card Grading

5 posts in this topic

Given the explosion in the market price of Marvel cards they should reconsider. Unlike most other collectible cards graded Marvel cards are basically in their infancy.

Prices are finally accelerating to the point where grading them is worth the cost and more people are seeing this and starting to submit them for grading.

I sold another companies graded 10’s of a few 1992 Marvel Masterpieces for 16X what I paid for them just a year and a half ago and the population numbers for them with that company are currently minuscule. I had more inquires than I would have expected including even after my cards sold.

Given that CGC is mostly known for oh I don’t know Comic Books the trading card section could at least make an attempt and actually stand the chance of being the go to grading company for this genre. The longer they sit on there hands the less likely they will wind up being the market leader for this genre.

22 hours ago, Mephisto said:

Given the explosion in the market price of Marvel cards they should reconsider. Unlike most other collectible cards graded Marvel cards are basically in their infancy.

Prices are finally accelerating to the point where grading them is worth the cost and more people are seeing this and starting to submit them for grading.

I sold another companies graded 10’s of a few 1992 Marvel Masterpieces for 16X what I paid for them just a year and a half ago and the population numbers for them with that company are currently minuscule. I had more inquires than I would have expected including even after my cards sold.

Given that CGC is mostly known for oh I don’t know Comic Books the trading card section could at least make an attempt and actually stand the chance of being the go to grading company for this genre. The longer they sit on there hands the less likely they will wind up being the market leader for this genre.

Great thoughts. I have a big stack of these in my basement... what are the most valuable ones?

On 2/7/2021 at 6:11 PM, Mephisto said:

The longer they sit on there hands the less likely they will wind up being the market leader for this genre.

This is exactly it.  I love the way that CGC encapsulates their collectables.  Looks like I'll have to submit my large collection of cards to a competitor.