• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

what do you guys think the original art to the death of superman is worth.

8 posts in this topic

i was today thinking. hummmm. about the death of superman books. i had a buddy buy 1000 copy. s i hope he sold them all, 27_laughing.gif

that was a hoot back then, i knew dc was yanking everyone chain. how are ya going to kill the goose that laid the golden egg.

anyway. i thought who bought the art to those books and boyy i bet they spent a lot. are they worth today what they cost back then. i say no way.

what do you guys think. come on kk. i know you have the cover . 27_laughing.gif

larry ;] foreheadslap.gif

kk. sorry i never saw that issue. we have a very large amount of pervert,s where i live and when i went to buy the issue from barns and noble to read, yes read. 27_laughing.gif.

it was already sold our here. and i don,t think it was the story on comic art that guys here were buying it for. they should of had the article in peoples magazine or something then it would have not sold out.

larry ;]

i was today thinking. hummmm. about the death of superman books. i had a buddy buy 1000 copy. s i hope he sold them all, 27_laughing.gif

that was a hoot back then, i knew dc was yanking everyone chain. how are ya going to kill the goose that laid the golden egg.

anyway. i thought who bought the art to those books and boyy i bet they spent a lot. are they worth today what they cost back then. i say no way.

what do you guys think. come on kk. i know you have the cover . 27_laughing.gif

larry ;] foreheadslap.gif

Hi,

I have what I consider the best cover in the run. After all, there's really not much to the #75 cover, is there? You'd be surprised how much I've been offered for this. I almost sold it a year or so ago for 5K, but have since been offered significantly more.

Here it is:

supes76.jpg

It was the biggest event in the 1990s, so yes it's comic book history. Whether we are proud of it is a whole other issue, though. I thought the story was contrived, and the promotion of it embarrassing, but in the end we all read it. That makes it not only historic but potentially much more remembered than many other comics from that decade. And, we all know that nostalgia drives comic art prices to a large degree.

All the best,