• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Incredible Hulk 340
2 2

19 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, StyleMantis said:

Thanks so much Funnybooks - at that range, do you think it's worth it to get professionally graded?

If your intention is to sell, probably not worth grading this book unless 8.5 and above. At 8.0, you're under $100 slabbed. It may be worth a press and a slab if you think it will result in a grade 8.5 or greater which is possible imo.

40 minutes ago, StyleMantis said:

Thanks so much - I'm really learning a lot about how all of this works. I really really appreciate it!

Stick around for a bit - there is a wealth of knowledge and some good people here on the boards.

Ask questions! Post more books! Don't be shy. And welcome to the boards...

16 hours ago, StyleMantis said:

Thanks BigleageCHEW - obviously I like your post the most ;-) 

Would you think this is worth getting professionally graded? I'm going through my books that I found in my parent's attic and many of them are around this quality. Sorry if it's not the right place to ask. I'm new here!

Depends, if you sub just 1 book, it may not be worth it. If you sub a lot of books, the shipping fee/return shipping fee and invoice cost decrease per book. Grading it is your call, if your expecting a 9.8, then no.

The fair value of the book has to equal what you paid for it, invoice cost, slab fee, shipping cost there/back, and then resale.

Got it - it's looking like I'm going to have a few that are worth something, but definitely nothing above a 9.0-9.2 (and from what I'm gathering, that's being extremely hopeful). All the ones that are older that might have some value (like an X-men 81) aren't in great shape, and the newer ones (like this) have enough dings etc. where it's probably not worth the hassle and expense. But I have a lot to go through, so who knows - might be a gem in there. Again, thanks so much for all the advice.

5 minutes ago, StyleMantis said:

Got it - it's looking like I'm going to have a few that are worth something, but definitely nothing above a 9.0-9.2 (and from what I'm gathering, that's being extremely hopeful). All the ones that are older that might have some value (like an X-men 81) aren't in great shape, and the newer ones (like this) have enough dings etc. where it's probably not worth the hassle and expense. But I have a lot to go through, so who knows - might be a gem in there. Again, thanks so much for all the advice.

Always remember grading is subjective, I have seen several books crease free come back a 9.6, while others with creases come back a 9.8 (shrug)

Welcome to the boards!!! :banana:

Looking like an 8.5 with a clean/press.  Not worth the expense for resale, but can be worth it if it's going into a permanent collection.  Your call....(thumbsu

9 hours ago, StyleMantis said:

Welcome! These guys are very helpful here. They've helped me catch a missing page so I avoided getting a .5 incomplete book. So there's a lot to be gleaned from here. 

I don't know if X-men 81 is worth grading. If it's from the original series it is a reprint of #33.  Xmen was doing poorly and they started reprinting older issues. This happened between issues 67-93.