• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Selling a Run. Options?
1 1

10 posts in this topic

Put it on ebay take lots of pictures, start an auction.

Or throw it on Craigslist, lots of pictures too

Or sell it in the sales forum here on the boards.  Read the rules first

good luck

18 hours ago, revat said:

Put it on ebay take lots of pictures, start an auction.

Or throw it on Craigslist, lots of pictures too

Or sell it in the sales forum here on the boards.  Read the rules first

good luck

thanks. I was thinking of ebay, splitting up 1-10 and 11-20..or ?

Only two are cgc...should i grade the rest?

Personally, I would try here first. Avoids fees and its a run of books I am sure people would be interested in

Otherwise, I would try eBay. As for grading them (or more of them), consider what you think they are worth vs what they could be worth if you spend some time and money to grade them and if it is worth it.

For example, if you spend $500 to grade 10 books and you feel you know the grades you will get and the chance is there to up the value by double or more, sure take some time to grade them. If not, well you may just want to sell them all now. 

So on MCS all I see are options to consign or sell outright to them. I'm sure it's staring me in the face, but how do you get in touch with them about getting in on an auction? Is it literally calling them, or am I just missing the button to take me there online?

19 hours ago, William-James88 said:

My favourite option is to send to Mycomicshop in one of their auctions. Get in contact with them, they are a great bunch and have the lowest fees.

33 minutes ago, xvipah said:

So on MCS all I see are options to consign or sell outright to them. I'm sure it's staring me in the face, but how do you get in touch with them about getting in on an auction? Is it literally calling them, or am I just missing the button to take me there online?

Once you consign and they receive your items, you can then choose to sell it at a specific price or have it be part of one of their upcoming auction.

If you have expensive comics and want to get the highest possible price for them, consignment is the way to go since our consignment commission is only 8-10% of the item's sale price.

When you consign a comic with us, all you do is ship the comic to us. We grade the comic for you if it's not already graded by CGC or CBCS and provide high quality images of the cover. When it's ready you choose how you want to sell, either Auction or Buy It Now.

Auction items will be assigned to the next available auction. Our Prime Auctions take place four times a year, in January, April, July, and October, and showcase higher value comics with a particular focus on more valuable Golden Age, Silver Age, and high grade Bronze Age and Modern. In between the Prime Auctions we run weekly auctions that start and end each Monday evening. View our auctions