• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Page edges cut...Anyone see something like this before
1 1

18 posts in this topic

Top right edge cut on an angle. One of the centerfold pages. Not a tear as it is too clean. Doesn't go into panel on opposite side. Pages are not brittle either. Is this a type of production flaw? A second one on the last/add page too. More curved. If not production, is this still considered complete? What grade does this automatically classify under regardless of other flaws?

IMG_20210210_133835.jpg

IMG_20210210_143622.jpg

Edited by The Man Without Beer
Additional question

4 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

Have you seen this before? I haven't.

I was wondering if it was done with scissors years ago. The way it intentionally stays out of the panel. But why?? Book pages are real nice. Cover presents well. Slight water stain on corner and interior underneath. The book was cared for. Would it count as qualified?

22 minutes ago, The Man Without Beer said:

I was wondering if it was done with scissors years ago. The way it intentionally stays out of the panel. But why?? Book pages are real nice. Cover presents well. Slight water stain on corner and interior underneath. The book was cared for. Would it count as qualified?

I'm not sure. At first glance, I thought it would be Restored for trimming. I personally have not seen this as a MFG defect before.

2 hours ago, William-James88 said:

I have seen all kinds of miscuts. Here we have a miscut on 1 wrap. 

Its actually on 2 pages. Center fold and last page (add pages) as well. It's a nice looking book but should have been disclosed since I specifically asked the seller about interior flaws.  Not a happy camper and so far no response back.

9 minutes ago, The Man Without Beer said:

Its actually on 2 pages. Center fold and last page (add pages) as well. It's a nice looking book but should have been disclosed since I specifically asked the seller about interior flaws.  Not a happy camper and so far no response back.

Is the seller named Dylan?

45 minutes ago, The Man Without Beer said:

DD#4

cool book, sorry about that. While I still stand by my claim that it's a production defect, I really don't like that the info was witheld hen you explicitly asked for anything of the sort. make a claim on e-bay and show them the communication. Should be an easy case for them to deal with.

24 minutes ago, William-James88 said:

cool book, sorry about that. While I still stand by my claim that it's a production defect, I really don't like that the info was witheld hen explicitly asked for anything of the sort. make a claim on e-bay and show them the communication. Should be an easy case for them to deal with.

Yes, definitely. Dealer responded and I sent  a reasonable refund request based on qualified grade. Waiting on response. I would like to keep the book as a stand in since it looks pretty good and story is complete but not submission material imo.

28 minutes ago, The Man Without Beer said:

Yes, definitely. Dealer responded and I sent  a reasonable refund request based on qualified grade. Waiting on response. I would like to keep the book as a stand in since it looks pretty good and story is complete but not submission material imo.

I don't think that's fair since we don't know the book would be qualified. He'd be in his right to say he'd only refund you that amount after you prove it's qualified nature after being sent to CGC. The grade they sold it to you may still be accurate. So I don't think the road you took is the right one, it would be more fair to just ask to send the book back for a full refund since they didn't disclose after you asked.

3 minutes ago, William-James88 said:

I don't think that's fair since we don't know the book would be qualified. He'd be in his right to say he'd only refund you that amount after you prove it's qualified nature after being sent to CGC. The grade they sold it to you may still be accurate. So I don't think the road you took is the right one, it would be more fair to just ask to send the book back for a full refund since they didn't disclose after you asked.

4.5 was the grade the dealer listed. I don't think it would be a 4.5 with those additional flaws and the disclosed flaws. Even if printing error it would likely come in under that. Imo 3.5 or worse if a blue label. With refund price would be fair in the dealers favor as I was not trying to get over on them. I am a collector not a reseller.

1 minute ago, The Man Without Beer said:

4.5 was the grade the dealer listed. I don't think it would be a 4.5 with those additional flaws and the disclosed flaws. Even if printing error it would likely come in under that. Imo 3.5 or worse if a blue label. With refund price would be fair in the dealers favor as I was not trying to get over on them. I am a collector not a reseller.

I still think you are going about this the wrong way since grades are subjective and you can't prove you're right without it being sent to CGC. A production defect like that is acceptable in a 4.5. But do as you wish, I wont bother you anymore with this.

50 minutes ago, William-James88 said:

I still think you are going about this the wrong way since grades are subjective and you can't prove you're right without it being sent to CGC. A production defect like that is acceptable in a 4.5. But do as you wish, I wont bother you anymore with this.

No bother at all.  I appreciate the opinion. 

Edited by The Man Without Beer